Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Year's Eve Countdown....saw this on pinterest

Posted by   + Show Post

Blow up balloons with an idea for each hour or so and put an idea on paper inside each balloon.  On that balloons hour, pop it and do the idea.  Fun thing to do with kids if you are staying home.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (21-30):
Autiziumom
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Cute. But kids will be asleep
freshnafilipina
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Quoting Mel0dy:

we did it with joints one year lol this was before I had DD 

Quoting sheena696:

Cute idea! You know this could be done without kids too...just maybe what is in the balloon is a little more "interesting" lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
freshnafilipina
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Wtf!? Wow

Quoting freshnafilipina:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting sheena696:

Cute idea! You know this could be done without kids too...just maybe what is in the balloon is a little more "interesting" lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tbabys
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this
For those with young kids why not do it earlier in the day/ evening so they have their fun celebration.
uno-knowme
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

When my kids were smaller, I would buy lots of goodies to stay up with them..Cupcakes,pie,hot chocolate..It would be something my son started to look forward too, We named it "Sweet New Years Eve"

Now that there bigger we go out to family events but still come home to cupcakes 

Happy New Years To everyone!!love you sign

....ClvrScn.
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Sigh - another downfall of having a adhd/odd child - schedules, schedules, schedules. He has to be in bed on time, or it will throw off his entire routine :(
GaleJ
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I like this idea for those who are staying in. I must say I am amazed by those of you who have children who are so early to bed. As the mother of a night owl, who was that way from the second he was born, it is so different to the reality I lived as he grew up. The funny thing is that now he is grown and works the 24/48 shift as an EMT and the long nights are absolutely no problem for him, he's used to them, likes them and has found the perfect niche for someone like him. In any case I want to wish all a Happy New Year, may we all be blessed with enough in 2013 and may there be peace.

Mel0dy
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:31 PM

what? lol

Quoting freshnafilipina:

Wtf!? Wow

Quoting freshnafilipina:

Quoting Mel0dy:

Quoting sheena696:

eds6619
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM

LOL

Quoting eds6619:

Only you, Sheena!  LOL.

My littlest will be in bed on time too....but my oldest will probably stay up, if she feels like it. She won't make it til midnight though.

It wasn't me, it was my alter ego "Suzanne". Dh likes her. :p

bubbbaNbabygirl
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Quoting Cafe Robin:

We eat 12 grapes - one each second during tghe last 12 seonds of the year.  You have to have all 12 grapes in your mouth by the time the ball drops and then you get 12 months of good luck during the next year.

That sounds extreamly dangerous.... lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)