Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

New Year's Eve Countdown....saw this on pinterest

Posted by   + Show Post

Blow up balloons with an idea for each hour or so and put an idea on paper inside each balloon.  On that balloons hour, pop it and do the idea.  Fun thing to do with kids if you are staying home.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:56 AM
Replies (31-38):
lifeisajoy
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:10 AM

since my ds will not want to pop the balloonsbi think we will just write our resolutions on the balloon and play balloon games hevwill be in bed way before midnight but it will be fun thsnx for idea of balloons

EmilyJ604
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Sounds like fun I think I will try this with my daughter and her friends tonight!!!

mommy_2_be_2010
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Hmmmmmm bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohboymommyof2
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I saw one on pinterest also u put ideas in a paper bag with a picture of a clock on it with the hour y want. We r doing that. Than in each bag I typed up a little saying about what the activity is with all the supplies in the bag. The first hour we r baking a good luck cake and playing a game another hour we r turning out the lights and having a dance party with glow sticks and playing glow stick hoop toss. We will make shakers another hour one hour we r doing a time capsule. At 11 we r realising balloons in the air with a wish attached to it. Anyway here r a few ideas for u. Have fun. Happy new year!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kblpooh
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Cool idea, but my kids will be at a gymnastics sleepover. They have better plans than I do! lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dora-rulz
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Cute idea! Think my oldest would love it but my 4yo is on spectrum & Is all about balloons (think she would lose it if we popped them in front of her). Good idea for after her bedtime!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I wish we could do something fun like this, but my kids won't be able to stay awake that late...plus neither of us can blow up balloons. LOL.  I would come up with something else, but again they won't stay awake.  I'm starting to get depressed that we won't do anything fun. 

Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bubbbaNbabygirl:

Quoting Cafe Robin:

We eat 12 grapes - one each second during tghe last 12 seonds of the year.  You have to have all 12 grapes in your mouth by the time the ball drops and then you get 12 months of good luck during the next year.

That sounds extreamly dangerous.... lol

we cut the kids grapes in half or in quarters.  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)