Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

How long would you wait?-UPDATE she messaged me on FB and refunded me..LAST UPDATE

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 29 Replies

She messaged me this on FB and refunded my money..I doubt this package ever shows up..Also in her message when she says she replied to the message I emailed directly to her email..I NEVER messaged her outside of FB, so I guess she is confusing me with someone else..

Her last message-
Mindy, I didn't know you sent me a message here in my page. I don't check this regularly and responded to the email you sent to pixiewonders@gmail.com on the 9th. That's what I was talking about in the dispute. The items I was selling in the auction was the last of my stock and I'm actually taking a break for several months from making things and selling so I don't check my page regularly since I am not actively selling right now. I apologize for the misunderstanding with communication. Like I said before I use Stamps.com to purchase postage and print it out which I did on the 2nd. I dropped it off at our Post Office where they either have you put in a drop box they have or at the end of the counter, they do not take already posted items at the counter since they opened the self service part where you can all on your own. We just recently moved to this state and I am use to a Tiny Post Office where I knew the people that worked there and I could hand the packages off. I have 6 kids and the flu hit us really hard right before Christmas. We are actually getting snow/freezing rain and I have not been able to get the Post Office today. I am going to go ahead and refund your money and hope that your item gets to you by the end of the week. So sorry for any misunderstanding.

Well she replied to my claim, saying she responded to my fb message same day. I do NOT see any response from her on my fb.

She also said that she doesnt NOT normally refund lost packages and she DID mail the item despite the fact that the item is NOT showing that it was actually mailed..That it is not her responsibility or fault the post office didnt scan it and lost it.

She said that she will go check it out at the post office and if it cant be found will refund it this one time..

Her message-I did respond to your email, I did so on the 10th as soon I received I read your email and I am going to attach a screen shot as proof that I did respond to your inquiry. I did mailed this item out on the 2nd and I have included tracking. Unfortunetly you did not purchase insurance on this purchase. With Delivery Confirmation the Post Office is not required to scan the item until it is actually delivered it is not a reliable way to track an item. It just offers both parties more protection in case of fraud. I am sorry you have not gotten your items yet but per my policies I am not responsible nor do I refund for packages lost by the Post Office. This is also a Handmade item which is not covered under Seller Protection. I did look at it and it's not even showing scanned. I've had several packages go missing from around the Holiday time frame. I pay for the postage at home with stamps.com and then drop them off at the Post Office or have the mail man pick the items up and I can provide proof that postage on this item was paid for. They have you set them on the counter at the end instead of actually taking them from you and scanning them, for whatever reason and I am guessing that packages go missing this way especially during the very busy Holiday season. I'm going to the Post Office tomorrow to find out what I can do. Like I said it is not my Policy to refund for lost packages but If it is still showing you have not gotten your package by the end of the week I will refund your money. Thank you for understanding.

My response-I am not showing any response on my last 2 messages to you and am also willing to post a screen shot. I was not aware insurance was even a option as I won your item through a auction through another page and you did NOT specify in the item description that insurance was needed OR optional. You did however specify that it was guaranteed by Christmas..I emailed you for the 1st time well after Christmas and was understanding when you replied that your household had been sick. As a seller I have NEVER had a package that was not scanned in when delivery confirmation was used. I could understand if it was showing that the post office received it at all, but it is NOT showing that. If you can not "find" my package, I would appreciate that refund at the end of the week. Shipping policy on lost or stolen items should take effect once the postal service shows they received it.. Before then alls I have is sellers word it was ever shipped..The word from a seller who originally guaranteed the item I bought by Christmas....

I went ahead and filed a claim this afternoon. The item is still not showing as mailed and today is day 30 since purchasing it. I have 45 days to file so I went ahead and filed. Seller has not been returning emails.

I participated in a $1 auction on FB back in Dec.

I like to support small businesses and this is a great way.

I won a cute child necklace for $8:) I paid on the 15th of Dec.

It was gauranteed to arrive by Dec 23rd

We left to visit home on the 22nd and got back on the 30th and it still hadn't arrived.

So, I emailed the page owner on Jan 1st. She apologized and said her children had been sick for 2wks with the flu..Understandable. She said it would be mailed next day.

On the 2nd I got a shipping notification that said she had printed a shipping label with tracking electronically but hadn't given the package to the post office.

I waited until Wed the 9th and when there was no change to the shipping(post office still hadn't received package)I emailed her again.

Now it's Friday, 2 days since I messaged..No reply.. I am 25 days into the 45 days I have to file a claim with paypal.

How much longer would you wait before filing?

save the date

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eds6619
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Hmmmm...thats a good question. I would probably give her the benefit of the doubt...maybe she has the flu now.

lenoxclan
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Part of me thinks this, the other part thinks that if she is going to run a business, she cant not ship product just because she is sick.

I mean, how would it be any different than buying something at walmart and not getting it because the stocker was sick.

Now, that being said, I am still trying to be nice, but she isn't answering inquires as of now.

PLUS if you print out shipping label at home(which is what she did)you simply put the package in your box with the flag up and the post man takes it.

So, unless she hasnt even been checking her mail for the past 25days, she really has no excuse.

Quoting eds6619:

Hmmmm...thats a good question. I would probably give her the benefit of the doubt...maybe she has the flu now.

save the date

lenoxclan
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I just pmed her this

Hi again..I am not trying to be rude.. I am a page owner myself, though I dont rely on it as a business and dont consider it such. So, I like to buy from other pages to help support.. The thing is, it's now been 25days since I have purchased the necklace from you.. I have 45 days to file a claim with paypal, so over half my time is gone now. I dont know you, I've never purchased from you before, so I don't truly know that you are good for it. Therefore, if the package isn't showing as received by postal service and on it's way by Monday, I feel I will have no other choice but to file a claim. I understand that you guys were sick and maybe still are? But, to be honest, you really shouldn't sale items if you aren't going to be able to back your product and your page by shipping..It's been 25 days..that's almost a month.. I hope you understand my frustration. Thanks

eds6619
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Well, it sounds nice.

hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Do you know this person? I would try just one more time and then I'd probably actually call the paypal customer service and ask their opinion because they deal with this all the time. I've done that a few times on ebay. The people are always really nice too. 

MaryanneMac
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I like your PM, I would wait until Tuesay then file the claim.

Maryanne

Babybear89
by Gracey on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:35 PM

this is why i m leeryof buying from some of thse pages i would give her another busines day then file

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I have actually let my 45 days lapse before, BUT it was a seller I had purchased from before. I knew she had just started a new job and was tired. If it had been anyone else I would not have let the time lapse. Unless you have a relationship with the customer and communicated well with them, 25 days to not send an item is ridiculous.

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:06 PM

I would give her a couple of days and if she doesn't reply to your message, proceed to contact pay pal.

hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:28 PM

have you heard anything yet? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)