Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Spin-off of Mindy's fb debacle....

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 12 Replies

What do you do when you made something for family(distant), but they've never paid you?  They told me they were sending a check.....this was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy before Christmas.  Never saw it.

I FB her a message and told her that she might want to stop payment b/c the check never came and her response was I'll tell my parents. 

And that's it.  They are all on my friend's list.

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:28 PM

hmmm I don't know. Ask her again, in very short responses like she is replying to you, just say...Hey did your parents send my check yet?! 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Lord, I am the queen of doing free things for family. Which is why I am doing some pictures on Friday again..lol So, obviously I am a softie and would just forget about it. I have no backbone when it comes to things like this. lol Wait a day and then message her again and ask her if her parents said anything about it. 

eds6619
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Sheena...I wouldn't mind, but these are like 3rd or 4th cousins.  I had to buy a new pattern to get what they wanted and seriously under charged her.  Sooooooooooooooooooooo......I hated even sending the first message, but now I'm getting irritated, especially since her mom sews kids things all the time and sells them.  And they are mouthy, so I know if the shoe were on the other foot they'd say something.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I do mind 98% of the time but I still can't help myself. lol 

hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:36 AM

did you eve message her? 

Quoting eds6619:

Sheena...I wouldn't mind, but these are like 3rd or 4th cousins.  I had to buy a new pattern to get what they wanted and seriously under charged her.  Sooooooooooooooooooooo......I hated even sending the first message, but now I'm getting irritated, especially since her mom sews kids things all the time and sells them.  And they are mouthy, so I know if the shoe were on the other foot they'd say something.

eds6619
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Yes, once and she said she'd tell her parents. :)  Ketchup's in the bag.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

did you eve message her? 

Quoting eds6619:

lenoxclan
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I have had a similar situation..

2 yrs ago(Halloween 2011), my sil's brothers wife wanted to order a custom made Halloween set from me. It was a 45$ set.

I made it and she hadn't paid but she said she was going to pay that Friday and see if her husband would make a 4hr trip to me to get it(because it wasn't going to get mailed in time if she paid Friday)

I contacted my sil, asked her if she was good for the money, if I sent the outfit now. She said yes.

I sent it.

1st they said they sent a money order and accidentally sent it to the wrong address..So, I told her to file a claim and then send another when they refunded her.

Then my sil asked me a few wks later if another check was ever mailed and I said no.. and she just said sorry.

Well..my sil's, sil, is still on my friends list, BUT she is NOT allowed to order from me without 1st paying what she owes and paying up front what she orders. I also do giveaways and she is not eligible for them on my page..

For you situation, I'd ask her if you can get a email to talk directly to her parents to find out when another check will be mailed.

hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM

sry.....hopefully it resolves without too much drama 

Quoting eds6619:

Quoting hcdeubof3:

did you eve message her? 

Quoting eds6619:

eds6619
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Oh there won't be drama, but rest assured I won't be making anything for them again.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

Quoting eds6619:

Quoting hcdeubof3:

did you eve message her? 

Quoting eds6619:

hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM
understandable.....that is really unfortunate too! You do such great work! 

Quoting eds6619:

Oh there won't be drama, but rest assured I won't be making anything for them again.

Quoting hcdeubof3:

Quoting eds6619:

Quoting hcdeubof3:

did you eve message her? 

Quoting eds6619:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN