Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

2nd set down

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM
  • 1 Replies

Took Gadget to get his 2nd set of puppy shots today.

I actually like this vet. He was fairly entertaining..lol

I take my boys(big dogs)to the shelter for their vaccinations and heartworm control.

Because it's more convenient, I can get what I want(a lot of vets these days want you to do yearly heartworm tests..My vet back home, who gave Gadget his 1st set of shots says it's not really necessary if you keep them up to date on the preventive. The shelter vet says the same thing..I REFUSE to use a vet that requires it, because I feel it's a waste of my money) without having to worry about them wanting to add things on.

Like today. Without telling me, they had him set for fecal test.. now, I  knew he was going to need one..But, my vet marked it for Feb. This vet wanted to do it today. I wasn't mad because I asked for a price quote when I made the appointment for his shots and it was part of the quote..BUT, I still feel when she quoted me she should have let me know that was included..I don't like that they decide shit without consulting me.. I wouldn't let a doctor do it for my kids and my dogs are like kids too.

2nd- there is no office fees at the shelter.

I go in, tell him I need yearly shots, rabies, and 6mths heartworm per dog. Slam bam thank you ma'am and it's done! LOL

I also got my older boys fixed through the shelter. They are shipped to the same vets office on select dates and it's more than half the cost of going through a vet.

So, I don't have a actual established vet here. I actually still use my vet back home on occasion. Like when we got Gadget the boys were nearly due for more heartworm pills so I had my vet just give me 6mths for each on top of Gadgets shots.

I pretty much have only used vets here for actual emergency's. Like when Bane got bit by a snake.

Any who..I liked this vet. I think I will keep him at the very least as my permanent emergency vet after Gadget is finished with puppy shots.

save the date

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:11 PM

We really need, ok want, a new dog. I miss having a pet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)