Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Oh Dear --

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

between homework battles and major sassifrassin I'm gonna go insane. Logan has been on the bottom step twice now, I've tried talking to him, and I finally smacked his butt. Now he seems better, but he is also sitting on the bottom step. grrr. 

All because I told him that although the teacher says the book report is optional I do not. I didn't even ask him to do it. I asked him to pick the book out and write the Author and Title on the paper. To basically start thinking about what he was going to do. 

Then, after sitting in time-out for a sassy meltdown, we talked and I thought he was better. There is a reading program going on at school: read for 360 minutes earn a six flags ticket. That seems daunting, but he has a month and if you do a little bit at a time it isnt' that bad. I compared it the the library program of reading the same amount of time, but that it went by really fast. He misunderstood me and when I tried to explain that I was refering to the public library vs. the school library program he flipped out and went on another sassying spout of I told him to throw something away and I'm confusing him and where is the red paper. Yes, I told you to throw away the school icecream paper away because you can't track for that anymore that reading program is over. The red paper is on the buffet as long as you left it there because it needs to be turned into the public library because it is not over. Sheesh....

Sorry for the vent but OMG!!! The big stinker is that he reads for fun and is at the top of his class. I think there is an underlying reason. Afternoon coffee here I come. 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MaryanneMac
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:34 PM

That's not good

hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:35 PM

no....oiy

Quoting MaryanneMac:

That's not good

hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM

he seems to be better now...spent sometime in his room, then was dismissed mid supper to go to his room. He now is fine, but I also told him if he was dismissed again supper would be over. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall sometimes. 

Babybear89
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Some days huh
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM

yup! 

Quoting Babybear89:

Some days huh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN