Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Thred Up -- Sell those outgrown clothing and declutter

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

I saw this on Good Morning America. They mainly want name brand items, but will ship a bag to your house, and then send you a check for it. No driving and clutter gone. You don't get the items that didn't sell back. It is stated that the items are donated. Thought I'd share. Spring Cleaning here we come (and the rest yard sale or Once Upon a Child :D) 

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

That sounds cool. I have a lot of clothes on my kitchen table right now that I am going to offer to my cousin and his fiancee when they bring their new baby for pictures today. A few weeks ago I went through some and if they had even a tiny stain or a button gone, they were trashed. But I have a lot that just needs to go. I found a drop off location too so this house is getting decluttered one way or the other. 

LittlePeeps245
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

We buy childrens clothing & toys as well! Two locations, Willingboro & Bristol! Little Peeps Childrens Consignments! Thought I'd share incase your interested as well! We can be found on facebook, & our website, http://www.littlepeeps.net/!

family in the van

hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Great! Thanks for sharing!

Quoting LittlePeeps245:

We buy childrens clothing & toys as well! Two locations, Willingboro & Bristol! Little Peeps Childrens Consignments! Thought I'd share incase your interested as well! We can be found on facebook, & our website, http://www.littlepeeps.net/!

family in the van

Bethbeth
by Beth on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Oh, this site looks fun. sounds like they only accept a few name brands though.

.3xBlessed.
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:14 PM
I've used them before, and have bought from them, too. That was a few years ago, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babybear89
by Gracey on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Awesome
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

good experience then? 

Quoting .3xBlessed.:

I've used them before, and have bought from them, too. That was a few years ago, though.

hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM

yea....that is probably the downside. Maybe the upside to buying from them though...discounted expensive clothing. I have'nt looked at their selling prices though. I'm thinking this spring/summer I'm buying 2 new outfits and the rest will be OUAC if they can't fit into the stuff from last year. I can't afford to buy all new every year. 

Quoting Bethbeth:

Oh, this site looks fun. sounds like they only accept a few name brands though.

MaryanneMac
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Nice, I have the boys clothes to go through

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:50 AM

I need to get rid of some clothes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)