Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

New Friend?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hi! My name is Katie and I'm 25, I live in Sacramento, CA and I'm a stay at home mom, full time college student and wife. My daughter Elizabeth is 5 and in kindergarten. I have a small dog named Gizmo (yes, named after the movie Grimlins) I'm here to meet other moms and make friends. I have 2 blogs, one is called Super Mom! at supermomishere.blogspot.com and then my other one is called Living Life With Spina Bifida at mylifewithsb.blogspot.com. Feel free to stop by them and take a look. 

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM

Welcome! Jump on in and I look forward to getting to know you better. It sounds you are a busy mom for sure! 

MaryanneMac
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Hi and welcome to the group.

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM

welcome to the group!

amonkeymom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Welcome Katie, it's nice to meet you.  :)

Quoting gizmo_mommy:

Hi! My name is Katie and I'm 25, I live in Sacramento, CA and I'm a stay at home mom, full time college student and wife. My daughter Elizabeth is 5 and in kindergarten. I have a small dog named Gizmo (yes, named after the movie Grimlins) I'm here to meet other moms and make friends. I have 2 blogs, one is called Super Mom! at supermomishere.blogspot.com and then my other one is called Living Life With Spina Bifida at mylifewithsb.blogspot.com. Feel free to stop by them and take a look. 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group!! I actually have a sister that has mild spina bifida. Glad to have you in the group!

StacyO722
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Hi and welcome :)

gizmo_mommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I have a mild case too. Its rare to find someone else with Spina Bifida. I don't know anyone else who has it.

Quoting sheena696:

Welcome to the group!! I actually have a sister that has mild spina bifida. Glad to have you in the group!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jazzdoll
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome, Katie!  Although two decades older than you and at a different stage in my life, I'm also a Sacramento mom. :-)

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM

My sisters is very very mild. We didn't even know she had it until after she had my oldest nephew. She had always had some issues (mainly with one leg/foot though). So we were all pretty surprised when a doc told her spina bifida. I still find it ridiculous that after all of those years, it took that long for a doctor to diagnose it because my mother had taken her in for the leg/foot issues. It all started to make sense though and it explained some issues she was having with her back. 

Quoting gizmo_mommy:

I have a mild case too. Its rare to find someone else with Spina Bifida. I don't know anyone else who has it.

Quoting sheena696:

gizmo_mommy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:13 PM
I've heard of the really mild one but never actually knew anyone who had it. She's lucky then, very lucky.

Quoting sheena696:

My sisters is very very mild. We didn't even know she had it until after she had my oldest nephew. She had always had some issues (mainly with one leg/foot though). So we were all pretty surprised when a doc told her spina bifida. I still find it ridiculous that after all of those years, it took that long for a doctor to diagnose it because my mother had taken her in for the leg/foot issues. It all started to make sense though and it explained some issues she was having with her back. 

Quoting gizmo_mommy:

Quoting sheena696:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)