Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

My latest favorite thing to do with my toddler! What's yours?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:07 AM
  • 8 Replies

Lately my two year old has really been wanting to help me while I'm cooking--well, she really just wants to steal bites of what I'm making, but that's not the point. So I put her up on the counter, far enough from the stove that she won't burn herself, and I put on my iPod to shuffle. She'll start singing and rocking and I've learned that she doesn't like anything but ballad type music or country music with an upbeat tempo. She'll tell me "No, not my song." So I'll skip through a few until we get to one she likes the sound of and she says "That my song!"

It's hysterical and has been great bonding time for us. My three year old gets bored with me while I'm cooking and the baby just doesn't care yet, but this has become my favorite times of the day when I'm working in the kitchen and my little diva comes in to help and serenade me!

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Aww that's too cute! You should set up a video camera and record that so you have it when she gets older!

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:03 AM

cute!

StacyO722
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I love cooking with DD. She always wants to "help". We have a step stool that she stands on and stirs things, adds ingredients, she thinks it is just the best thing to be cooking with Mom.

Enjoy your cooking buddy!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this

My kids like the idea of cooking with me, but they ALWAYS abandon me. lol Like a few weeks ago when I made chocolate chip cookies with my daughter...as soon as I poured the choc chips in she then got the bag and started to walk away. As she was abandoning me she said, "thanks mom, I knew I could count on you to give these to me". lol 

Babybear89
by Gracey on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Prudence loves baking
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Sounds like fun.  My girls love to cook with me.

MaryanneMac
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM

aww.

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Aww !!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)