Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

school is really starting to aggrivate me

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 20 Replies

Soooo in the middle of the year, they're reteaching the kindgertners D'Nealian...after they've learned Block letters in preschool and all first semester.  So silly.  If they were going to be teaching it(which I don't care for) they should have started in the beginning of the year.

Seriously...homeschool is really starting to be appealing to us.  We hate public school....especially the one she would go to based on where we live.  Homeschool is the only other option b/c Catholic school is also not a choice for us. 

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eds6619
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:04 PM

The upside to homeschool is there is an excellent homeschool association group in town that does coop teaching, etc.

Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:06 PM

This is a good idea.

I wish homeschooled too, but I'm such a chicken. I am afraid to make the wrong decision for my kids, so I go with the conventional, with the same way I was raised. 

Quoting eds6619:

The upside to homeschool is there is an excellent homeschool association group in town that does coop teaching, etc.

sheena696
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

This is a good idea.

I wish homeschooled too, but I'm such a chicken. I am afraid to make the wrong decision for my kids, so I go with the conventional, with the same way I was raised. 

Quoting eds6619:

That is why I don't homeschool. I would worry that I am doing something wrong. lol

sheena696
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:40 PM

One thing that is really irritating to me is the way they teach math now. Last year I was helping Brad with his homework and he was like "mom, that's not how you do it!" It was all very confusing to me. lol

Morrigan333
by Rhianne on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I've homeschooled before when dd was in 4th and 5th gr. Now she's in 6th in public and it looks like we'llbe homeschooling again soon,because Baltimore County Public Schools sysytem is BROKEN! It doesn't work..well, it doesn't work for SPECIAL ED students. Only the General Population students. So unfair! BCPS did this same routine to dd the beg. of 4th gr which is why I pulled her then, and I'm prepared to do it now, ofcourse after I file a state complaint formto MD. Dept. Of Education (Special education) and file with the civil rights place? Hmm Gotta find out about that one.

Morrigan333
by Rhianne on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Well heck,

I buck the "system" because the ones who develop the system are old, deranged, and just plain out of their minds. If things wereso good in schools, doyouthink there'dstill be all these school shootings?

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

This is a good idea.

Quoting eds6619:

That is why I don't homeschool. I would worry that I am doing something wrong. lol

sheena696
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Quoting Morrigan333:

Well heck,

I buck the "system" because the ones who develop the system are old, deranged, and just plain out of their minds. If things wereso good in schools, doyouthink there'dstill be all these school shootings?

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting Iluvmy2kiddies:

This is a good idea.

Quoting eds6619:

Well by saying I would worry about doing something wrong I really am just worried that I would not be a good teacher for him. I would worry that he isn't learning like he would in school. I actually love the schools Brad has been in and he does so great and he has had some really great teachers. I don't want to stunt his learning by trying to take it on myself when there is someone else out there better qualified. Really the only reason I have considered homeschooling is because of all the violence happening in schools (and my selfish reasons of just wanting my children home with me)

Babybear89
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM
I'm still debating home school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Thankfully I have a few years to go before we decide, but we're leaning toward Catholic School.

eds6619
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM

The public school systems here are trying too hard to be the "model" for other schools and are going crazy with the new styles for learning.  I know for a fact they spend most of their time disciplining instead of teaching.  Public is OUT!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN