Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Jurassic Park 4

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 12 Replies

My son is so excited that they are finally getting this going. We have been tracking the progress of it for years, no kidding. He watched the first movie when he was 1 year old. A moment I felt was a bad mom move. lol I had the tv on and Brad was playing. So when I started doing some work around the house I didn't really pay attention to the tv until I walked in and the dinosaurs were on. He was MESMIRIZED! When I quickly turned the channel he started crying because he wanted to see the movie. So I turned it back. That started an intense love of dinosaurs that lasted for years. We only recently gave some of his dinosaur collection away. (we kept the more expensive ones) I can't even tell you how many times we have had to watch Jurassic Park (any of them). But I don't think anyone could beat my child in trivia on the movies that is for sure. lol I just really hope they don't make the next movie stupid and that we will be able to see it NOT in 3D because I hate 3D. 

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Babybear89
by Gracey on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I loved the book
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thickmamaof2
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM
My son first watched jurassic park at one as well. He is now 5 and will be so excited to see the 4th one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MaryanneMac
by Maryanne on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I love Jurassic Park!!

eds6619
by Emily on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:10 PM

LOL.  He's really a fan, sounds like.

eds6619
by Emily on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I remember seeing Jurassic Park in the theater when I was in college, I think.  LOL.  Actually...might have been high school.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I actually was pretty tickled when he started liking Dinosaurs. I was really into them when I was younger too. 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Quoting eds6619:

I remember seeing Jurassic Park in the theater when I was in college, I think.  LOL.  Actually...might have been high school.

Can you believe the first one came out in 1993!! It doesn't seem like that long ago!

eds6619
by Emily on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Thanks.  I was in high school.

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting eds6619:

Can you believe the first one came out in 1993!! It doesn't seem like that long ago!

hcdeubof3
by Holly on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM

haha. Our kids just watched it for the first time. They thought it was okay. Gage, 2, was more into in than the older kids. I saw the second one and had no interest in seeing anymore afterwards. Kind of like land before time for me...they should have stopped with 1. It might be better though because stunts have gotten so much better since then. I really want to show my kids ET. I lvoed that movie.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Quoting hcdeubof3:

haha. Our kids just watched it for the first time. They thought it was okay. Gage, 2, was more into in than the older kids. I saw the second one and had no interest in seeing anymore afterwards. Kind of like land before time for me...they should have stopped with 1. It might be better though because stunts have gotten so much better since then. I really want to show my kids ET. I lvoed that movie.

I did hate the 2nd one. It is definitely the worst of the 3 out so far, but I am wondering if they kept it close to the book. The first was definitely the best but I didn't hate the 3rd too bad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)