Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

How many kids?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
  • 11 Replies

How many kids were in your family? How many kids are you planning on having? Did the size of your family shape how many you wanted to when you grew up? 

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hcdeubof3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I was an only child until 15 and then there were 5 of us. I have 4 kids. I wanted 3-4. DH was 1 of 3 and always wanted 2-3. 3 was our happy point, but Michaela insisted on coming along (happy accident). 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I am the baby of 3. I always said that I would have 3 kids, but along the way we just settled for the 2. For a while, we were just going to have one, hence the 7 year gap, but we got baby fever. lol I would welcome a happy accident. lol

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

there were 5 kids in my family including me and i only wanted 2 kids but we have 3 and we couldn't be happier i love all my brothers but it sucked having so many i was the oldest and my mom kept having kids and wasn't taking care of them the responsibility was up on me so i never wanted a big family.3 kids are perfect for us

Babybear89
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM
there were three of us I only have one. we are still thinking about number two
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Iluvmy2kiddies
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM

We are three, I have a brother and a sister. I have two kids, I do think it influenced a little bit. 

MamaMoopsie
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:28 PM

My parents had four but for the majority of my life it was just the three of us at home. My sister is 13 years older than me. She got married at 18 and her husband joined the Army and they've been an army family since. So it always felt like just my two older brothers and me. I always said I wanted an even number, I wanted four girls to be exact. Well I got one through marriage, she lives with us full time and is the apple of my eye, then I had three biological daughters. I thought I was done, but we are now expecting our last child and our first boy. I can't say that my family really shaped how many kids I wanted. I knew I wanted more than one simply because I always felt bed for only children since my brothers and I were so close growing up.

Nicole1357
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:30 PM

There were 3 of us growing up. Currently we have 3 children. The most I would have is 4. No, the way I grew up has little to do with the kind of family I want know. 

comptonkids
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Just my younger brother and me
We didn't hardly get along growing up and rarely get along now
I have 3 now with plans for either adopting or a 4th biological sometime in the next 2 years
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM

2 in my family; I'd like a few more, but doubt I'll get them; I guess I wanted more since there were only 2 of us.

MaryanneMac
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I'm one of 4. Brian is an only child.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN