Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

I may have PPD

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 5 Replies

With 2 babies and a two year old, I really don't have time for this. I don't know what to do. If I decide I need to see a Dr for meds, I don't even have any health insurance right now.

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hcdeubof3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

first.....i'm glad you are recognizing this before things get tooo bad. second....I wonder if a place like planned parenthood would be able to help you at a discounted price? They dont' just do the pregnancy thing they are there for womena nd help lots for those who dont' have insurance. I'd call ahead of time and ask just to be sure. You might even explain to your regular OB/PCP your situation and thye might be willing to discount you on the office visit. It will be okay. I had it pretty bad after my second. Keep us posted...and hang in there. 

hcdeubof3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:41 AM

there is also a depression support group on cafemom that looks like other moms with ppd have joined. Maybe check it out as well so you dont' feel like you are so alone. 

Babybear89
by Gracey on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I hope you can find the support you need. I'm glad you recognized that something may be off. I know we don't live near you but if you need anything let us know
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Awww you'll be in my prayers.  I'm sorry you are going through this. 

Macksmom2006
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I have been in your shoes, new mom of twins with a 19 month old as well. Call your OB even without insurance they will help you out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)