Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Prayers and happy thoughts needed..

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 13 Replies

I don't know details yet, but they are taking my niece to the hospital. Hopefully she just has a virus, but since she is diabetic they have to rule out DKA, something not good at all for diabetics. My sister and BIL are so diligent with her diabetes that I am sure it is just a virus, but you can't help but be scared out of your mind whenever she gets sick. So any prayers and happy thoughts you can send our way would be appreciated!

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
StacyO722
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Sending prayers! Hope everything is ok

eds6619
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Aww poor baby.  Saying prayers for your neice.

MaryanneMac
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Saying prayers!

Babybear89
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Hope everything is okay
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Everything is good! They got to come home at 2:30ish today. My sister said she could tell when my neice started feeling better because she started bossing them around. lol 

sheena696
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Just wanted to update...they ended up having to go back to the hospital. I'm not sure when the went in (sometime overnight). Miss Abby is experiencing some lows now and won't eat so she has to be on an IV. She's still being her little stinker self though and my sis said the nurses get the stink eye everytime they come near her with a needle. lol

eds6619
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM

poor thing

.3xBlessed.
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:44 AM
How is she now??

Quoting sheena696:

Just wanted to update...they ended up having to go back to the hospital. I'm not sure when the went in (sometime overnight). Miss Abby is experiencing some lows now and won't eat so she has to be on an IV. She's still being her little stinker self though and my sis said the nurses get the stink eye everytime they come near her with a needle. lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Better but still has low blood sugar. She is still in the hospital but they said that she might could go home today. It was definitely triggered by the virus. Just with her, they have to be more careful because of the diabetes because it could have been the DKA. Unfortunately though, the virus hit my sister yesterday and she ended up in the ER getting fluids. And now my BIL woke up with it this morning. They just can't get a break. Our other sister went down there last night to help them out and take care of my oldest niece. 

Quoting .3xBlessed.:

How is she now??

Quoting sheena696:

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Mar. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I'm so sorry. I hope she gets better quick.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN