Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

15 times!! What do I say? (I'm complaining again just so you know)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:40 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, so I went back and looked at my messages and in the last 2 years I have been asked to do free pictures 15 times by this one chick. This is just the messages on FB, before she started FBing me she would text. (then I got rid of my cell phone) Honestly, this is one of the reasons why I started HATING photography. Now I wake up to a request for Easter pictures..on Easter Weekend! UGH...I've gently told her no before, but my goodness I'm running out of nice ways to say it. Seriously, if I would not miss my camera so much, I would sell the darn thing. I'm at the point where I don't know how to handle it anymore. 

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MaryanneMac
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Firmly tell her NO!!! You have plans for Easter weekend (even if you don't!)

kblpooh
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM
You could tell her you are happy to do pics for her but then give her an outrageous price for you to do them. Then she might get the hint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Quoting MaryanneMac:

We actually do have plans and are not even going to be in town that weekend. And even if plans change and we are home, why in the world would I want to take time out from a family weekend to take pictures? Any time I tell her no she just replies "oh, ok lol"...then a few weeks later she is asking again. Girl is driving me nuts. lol 

MaryanneMac
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

We actually do have plans and are not even going to be in town that weekend. And even if plans change and we are home, why in the world would I want to take time out from a family weekend to take pictures? Any time I tell her no she just replies "oh, ok lol"...then a few weeks later she is asking again. Girl is driving me nuts. lol 

Block her for your FB account.  That will definatly solve the problem.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

Block her for your FB account.  That will definatly solve the problem.

That's part of my problem, I'm always too worried about hurting someones feelings. lol 

eds6619
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM

yeah maybe its time to move to a more direct method of saying no.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I told her this time like this: We are suppose to be going out of town for Easter, but even if we don't there is no way I can juggle doing pictures too. 

I was expecting her to reply, "Oh, ok, when do you think you could do them?" But she didn't I was hoping she was and then I was going go further and say something about not wanting to do photography anymore. Which is not a lie. Instead she just replied "o ok thank you". I am going to tackle this though and put a stop to it. 

Babybear89
by Gracey on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I would just reply no
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)