Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

I am LIVID...

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 5 Replies

Apparently yesterday my sons school learned of a possible threat. Something was written that I know included "everyone will die", but that is all I know. I find out this morning at about 8:40ish. The parents who did find out only found out because their kids knew about it and it circulated around ball practices. Maybe I am crazy, but I really feel that no matter what..no matter if they think it is NOTHING, they should be sending out communication to parents that something is going on. Instead, me completely clueless, I send my child to school this morning when I would not have sent him in the first place. So, obviously I call the school mainly to find out how hard a time I am going to have getting in the door and wanting details. Some people were saying the school was on lockdown and others said it wasn't. Needless to say my son is home now and will probably be with me tomorrow since I have a dental appointment. I can't believe that I had to find out on Facebook, from someone whose child doesn't even go to my sons school. Also, I could have saved my son from extra anxiety that he now has since when he got there he was told that someone was going to shoot them all and that everyone was going to die. He was told that anyone who came to school today or tomorrow would be shot and that on the 15th something might happen. I don't know if this is stuff kids are hearing from their parents or older siblings or just imaginations running wild. 

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MaryanneMac
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I would be so pissed.  How could the school NOT tell the parents?

Babybear89
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I would be pissed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eds6619
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:41 PM

OH thats in very poor form.  I hope all your parents are filing complaints.

sheena696
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Quoting eds6619:

OH thats in very poor form.  I hope all your parents are filing complaints.

Oh, there will be a lot of mad mommas complaining. I am the more tame of them all and let me tell you, some of these women, I wouldn't want to cross. lol What really makes me mad is now I am hearing that LAST month the threat showed up and it said something like "March 5th, everyone dies". From what I understand it was just painted over and nothing happened to the kid. But then someone else said they never knew who did it. So, yesterday it pops back up again and we still were not notified. I don't know if this is all rumors or if any of that is true. I am assuming they will either hold a meeting or send home a letter. All I know if this was a prank like some are saying it was, there is a kid that is going to be really wishing they could go back in time and take it back. This is definitely not going to end well for him/her. But a part of me thinks that if this really was a 2nd time of this showing up that a kid doing a prank would not do it twice, especially if they got away with it the first time. 

eds6619
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I read your link online saying there had been other threats.  Considering all the "copycats" I can't believe they are sweeping this under the rug.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN