Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

I'm annoyed...

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

Nathan and Nathanial's party is this upcming weekend.  Brian said he didn't want his mom there since she still has a problem with us adopting Abigail.  So she calls me crying about how we're not being fair and she's missng out on her grandchildren.  I told her to call Brian.  She respondes with, he won't understand, he's not a mother. At which point I totally lose all paitence, tell her that at one time she was a good mother, but her pesonal feelings about our daughter are the reason she is no longer welcome here. She starts crying and tell me that she doesn't have a granddaughter...my only response was" and that is why you are no longer welcome here and it's for the best and the boys don't even realize that they haven't seen her in months!!!"

Sorry had to vent!!   

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
eds6619
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Wow she's a real snot.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  I personally feel that all MIL's are evil. ;)

MaryanneMac
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM

She wasn't always like this. All this started when we adopted Abigail.  I'm half ready to cancel the boys party, tke them to a baseball game then Sesame Place.

Quoting eds6619:

Wow she's a real snot.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  I personally feel that all MIL's are evil. ;)

eds6619
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Yeah I remember you saying she used to be nice. 

jbyrd898
by Jessica on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM

wow, she said she doesnt have a grandaughter? Thats horrible? What is her sweked rationale? She doesnt believe in adoption?

MaryanneMac
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

She has been like this since we adopted Abigail.  I don't understand her thinking...at all.  We haven't spoken to her since Thanksgiving.  I was hoping that not seeing her son and grandchildren would soften her opinion...apperantly not.

Quoting jbyrd898:

wow, she said she doesnt have a grandaughter? Thats horrible? What is her sweked rationale? She doesnt believe in adoption?

Babybear89
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Wow that is awful. But she did bring it upon herself
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)