Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My non handy man husband...

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 10 Replies

is going on the roof later to patch a leak. Oh lord. lol This should be interesting. lol

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MaryanneMac
by Maryanne on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:16 AM

LOL.  That sounds like my Dad.  When I was away at college, he "fixed" my non broken toilet.  The plumber that came to fix it spend two hours laughing, the another 3 fixing it a commenting that someone should take his (my Dad's) tools away!!  

QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I swear I was going to make a post of something similar to this earlier! My SO is totally not a handy man by any means. We have so many small fixes to be done around the house. Take for example our back door.  The wood frame started to wear (mostly because people love to slam doors in this house) and the door no longer stays closed.  Handy man SO to the rescue wedges a folded piece of cardboard in between the door & frame and shoves a hammer in the crack for ' extra hold ' .  Smdh.  

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Quoting MaryanneMac:

LOL.  That sounds like my Dad.  When I was away at college, he "fixed" my non broken toilet.  The plumber that came to fix it spend two hours laughing, the another 3 fixing it a commenting that someone should take his (my Dad's) tools away!!  

My husband literally said that if he did a bad job and we have to hire someone to fix it that he will just tell that person that we hired someone cheap to do it and they did a bad job. lol 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Quoting QuirkyMom26:

I swear I was going to make a post of something similar to this earlier! My SO is totally not a handy man by any means. We have so many small fixes to be done around the house. Take for example our back door.  The wood frame started to wear (mostly because people love to slam doors in this house) and the door no longer stays closed.  Handy man SO to the rescue wedges a folded piece of cardboard in between the door & frame and shoves a hammer in the crack for ' extra hold ' .  Smdh.  

My husband said yesterday that he actually wishes he was more of a handy man and I said yeah me too. lol He's also said this, "I work behind a desk for a reason". lol He is so not handy that I actually sat outside keeping an eye on him in case he came rolling off of the roof. 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Oh and he stayed home from work today. lol

MaryanneMac
by Maryanne on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM

LOL.  My Dad thought he was handy...and there in lied the problem!! If wouldn't have been so bad if we would have just admitted that he should never have tools.  The funny thing is my brother is totally handy.  He can fix anything!!!

Quoting sheena696:

Quoting MaryanneMac:

My husband literally said that if he did a bad job and we have to hire someone to fix it that he will just tell that person that we hired someone cheap to do it and they did a bad job. lol 

eds6619
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:59 PM

lol

Babybear89
by Gracey on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Morrigan333
by Rhianne on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:07 AM

I have visions of Fred Flintstone in my head about this, oh, and Tim the tool man from Home Improvement!

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Morrigan333:

I have visions of Fred Flintstone in my head about this, oh, and Tim the tool man from Home Improvement!

That sounds about right. lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)