Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

At was age was your childs first sleep over?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 6 year old thinks he wants to have a sleep over at a friend's house.   I'm not good with that.  Just because I don't know the child's parents very well and I know my son well enough that he'll be calling when night hits for me to come get him.  They seem like good people, but aren't we all?  And my child has NEVER slept any where that this father and I weren't.  He's 6!  I personally think he's too young, but just wanted some other opinions.  Now, if the other child wants to stay at our house, that's fine.  The other child will be 8 in August and has slept away from home before.  We live about 9 houses away from each other. 

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Babybear89
by Gracey on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:16 PM
Not old enough yet
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM

My oldest is 11 and he still hasn't slept at a friends house. He has only in the last year asked to. I would have let him in the past. Especially with some of the boys that he was in scouts with because I got to know their parents very well since we all spent a lot of time together. I don't think I would have let him at age 6 though. I think 8 or 9 is a good age. 

MaryanneMac
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM

My kids are all 3 and under.  The only time they don't sleep at home is when they are with my brother and his family (once every couple of months they take my kids for a night and we take their kids for a night). 

kmqw229
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
My 4yo & 2yo slept over only at grandma's house, a few times ever. My 14mo has never slept anywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamMom912
by Member on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM
My almost 7 year old had his first sleepover about 6 months ago. His BFF since kindergarten. They live about 15 houses down. Bff slept here- then 3 weeks later DS slept there.

All went ok. Sleepover here was bigger success. One there; was thunderstorm, DS had a nightmare so he and friend slept on mattress on floor in Bffs parents room. Lol

Had they called me - its so close- who cared? Lol

Would do it again! Bff has slept here 2 times over summer. ( her dad was having surgery; needed babysitting) and all went great. Ds is invited at end of Sept.

We have known the family for 2 years; have gone on vacation with them this past summer.
sara_7106
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM
My dd us 3 and hasn't slept over anywhere yet
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)