Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Well that was awkward

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

We came back early fromt he beach yesterday.  It was raining and Brian wasn't feeling great (even after the boys all tried to cuddle with him.).  After we got home the weather  changed at it was warm and summy so Brian decided to have a cook out and invite his Dad (since he was gone last weekend for father's day).  FIL came straight from work.  We were all having a good time when MIL showed up.  MIL starts to talk to Nathanial. He says, "Why you know like Abigail? You no like sissy I no like you." and walked away and clung to Brian. I tried to tell him that wasn't nice. (okay I really could have tried harder) Brian looked at her as asked what she was doing there and before she could answer told her to leave.  She actually started to cry! UGH!!  I almost feel bad for her, but at the same time I just want her to go away.  I feel bad for FIL he's cought between his wife and his only child. 

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilysMom2010
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I don't know what any of this means...
MaryanneMac
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM

There's a long back stroy,  but my MIL was fine before we adopted our daughter, now she's refusing to accept her as our daughter.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

EmilysMom2010
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Oh no. That's terrible. 😔
I get it now.

Quoting MaryanneMac:

There's a long back stroy,  but my MIL was fine before we adopted our daughter, now she's refusing to accept her as our daughter.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

EmilysMom2010
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Poor Nathaniel. He really told her though. I don't blame you. People like that are terrible. How can you not accept a child.
MaryanneMac
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM

She was fine when I had our boys, it's just Abigail she refuses to accept.  Nathanial just turned 3 in April.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Poor Nathaniel. He really told her though. I don't blame you. People like that are terrible. How can you not accept a child.

Babybear89
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry. That's so hard.
CotterpinDoozer
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM
That's really hard, but it must be pretty freaking obvious if your 3 year old is picking up on it.
MaryanneMac
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:39 AM

She has said that she doesn't accept Abigail (and the boys could hear her), plus she's never held or interacted with Abigail like she did/does with the boys.  At Chrsitmas she came to the house with a ton of toys for the boys but not s single thing for Abigail. (after we told her not to).

Quoting CotterpinDoozer:

That's really hard, but it must be pretty freaking obvious if your 3 year old is picking up on it.

slw123
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM

That is awful!  She is going to really regret making that choice.

dusky_rose
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I think that it's good that your son spoke up. Silly woman doesn't know what she is missing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN