Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

How does your family make Anytime Thomas Time?

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 110 Replies

There's no doubt about it, kids love playtime. As parents, we want our kiddos to have fun in whatever they do, even those mundane daily tasks.

Whether its breakfast time or bath time, anytime can be Thomas time!

We gave 25 moms the opportunity to share Thomas & FriendsTM products with their families. See how they're making Anytime #ThomasTime!

How does your family make anytime Thomas time?

We cannot wait to hear from you!

** The Cafemom Team

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
ARPsMom
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
My son is five and loves Thomas. His favorite toys are the ones he can stuff in his pocket and pull out and play with while we are out running errands. The little Thomas trains are perfect. I always have to check his pockets on his way out the door for school. He has a few other Thomas toys and are a favorite at playtime. Recently he was given a new Thomas DVD and it has quickly became a favorite. Even his little brother (1) loves watching it with him.
Bigmetalchicken
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM

My children both love Thomas and Friends! It is such a lovely series, full of memorable characters.  What I love about the toys is that they are small enough that each of my children can take one when we run errands, so the drive time is now play time! My son can continue playing with Thomas, while my daughter can keep pretending to be Percy. 

Thomas and Friends are such a nice, kind hearted series that is fun for children and parents of all ages!

Firenygirl180
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:11 PM
My son is 2 and he loves Thomas! He has Thomas clothes and pajamas. After breakfast he always wants to "pay trains." We watch Thomas movies at nap time and sometimes bed time.

We have a few take and play sets and they have been to our summer house and grandmas a few times.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Hi, I'm Sarah, and I have one 5yo son. He has a few sets of the wooden Thomas and Friends train tracks that we've owned for almost three years now, and he still enjoys playing with them.

We have found that the Thomas train tracks are a great activity for almost any amount of time. It's easy to put a simple track together and be driving trains in 5 minutes, but it can also be a fun challenge to use lots of pieces and make several interconnected loops. My son can play on his own, or we can build and play with him.

The train tracks we've used are great in helping my son learn to plan ahead and problem solve, and they encourage imaginary play. But best of all... They're just good fun! It's really been a win for all of us in the past, and I'm looking forward to trying out some new Thomas products as well.
lovinmyboys...
by Member on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
My youngest ds loves trains. He has a few Thomas engines and we love to set up the train tracks in the livingroom and play.
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:14 PM
My oldest, who is now 6, loved the Thomas movies and play sets. My youngest, who is almost 2, loves them just as much! I love the songs and the silly phrases the trains say.
Bigmetalchicken
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:20 PM

My children both love Thomas and Friends! It is such a lovely series, full of memorable characters.  What I love about the toys is that they are small enough that each of my children can take one when we run errands, so the drive time is now play time! My son can continue playing with Thomas, while my daughter can keep pretending to be Percy. 

Thomas and Friends are such a nice, kind hearted series that is fun for children and parents of all ages!

flcowgrl23
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
We have a few Thomas items, my kids LOVE to play trains! Ds is 2 and he has so much fun with his sister, they'll make up stories about where they're going and he'll say choo choo! My bff has a son who's obsessed and they're a railroad family so staying with them for a month was awesome for my kids, they played railroad every single day. They love the little Thomas car thing they can ride on, he's a popular guy.
mommyhonu
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Everyday is Thomas time! In the morning my 3 yr old brushes his teeth. As well as having to make sure that he has one of his favorite Thomas shirts to wear when we are running around to the park or to the store. Also have to make sure that we have Thomas underwear since he is potty training. Thomas fruit snacks or cookies for snack time and he loves to eat them while he's watching a Thomas dvd. Then I can't forget about the Thomas toys, he has the wooden train set and it's hard to keep track how many of those he has and then he also has the plastic train set as well. Life just wouldn't be the same for this 3 yr old without Thomas the Tank Engine!!! ( I guess he gets that from his older brothers, they were both into Thomas when they were at that age as well.)

ARPsMom
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM
My son is five and loves Thomas. His favorite toys are the ones he can stuff in his pocket and pull out and play with while we are out running errands. The little Thomas trains are perfect. I always have to check his pockets on his way out the door for school. He has a few other Thomas toys and are a favorite at playtime. Recently he was given a new Thomas DVD and it has quickly became a favorite. Even his little brother (1) loves watching it with him.
Whereismymind
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM

My oldest Ds loved Thomas since he was a 18 months and my midfe ds who is for loves him too. They love playing with their Thomas trains and making up stories and setting up obstacles for Thomas,lol! 

Teeshann
by on Sep. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM

my son's best friend LOVES thomas. so when we get together to play they set up his train track and they go off in their own little world. it's so much fun to listen to them play.

my son likes to watch thomas on tv on occassion.

whenever we go shopping he will point at different thomas toys and tell me "i really need that mommy"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)