Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

As a parent, what qualities do you look for in your children’s toys and entertainment?

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 104 Replies

As a parent, you only want the best for your children, including their toys. Do you look at the product quality as well as the messaging, etc.?

We gave 25 moms the opportunity to share Thomas & FriendsTM products with their families. See how they're making Anytime #ThomasTime!

Tell us, what qualities do you look for in your children's toys and entertainment?

We cannot wait to hear from you!

** The Cafemom Team

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firemom5906
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Truthfully I love that my son loves it and he is picky.  We became familiar with it because of y'all sending it to us.  I know what I will be getting him for Christmas now lol.  He is still playing with it and carrying it everywhere! 

Teeshann
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 8:53 AM

my son became familiar with thomas and friends through his best friend luke. i'd never paid much attention to them until my son started mentioning that his friend has those toys and he wanted some too. i like the messages of helping each other that the stories portray. we love our story book we recieved from cafe mom. i love how it teaches to get to know someone and not to trust gossip.

i would reccomend the train sets to my friends and family who have children around 2-5.

lovinmyboys...
by Member on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM
We became familiar with Thomas and Friends by watching the cartoons. We like that Thomas and Friends is wholesome, has values, and teaches morals. We trust that our sons will not learn bad things from Thomas.
Mommie_2_Boys
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
We became familiar because I used to watch thomas. I saw it on tv and thought it would be cool for my kids to watch..they feel in love.

I really love how well the products last. Its the best part in my opinion.
november117
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM

1) I love that they teach positivity, morals and the thought of "pushing along"

2) My parents bought Thomas the Train for my 5 year olds birthday one year and it just stuck every since. :)

WendyJR
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I love that Thomas and Friends send great messages to kids. If you watch the videos and read the story books--they teach teamwork, friendship, hard work, honesty etc.  My son's love of Thomas started with the books and the stories. So we bought him some trains to go along with his books/movies. He used to reenact what he heard/saw.

My Son has mainly the wooden Thomas and Friends trains/tracks and they've lasted and upheld going on 4+ years. We've bought other wooden trains (not Thomas brand) and they do not seem to withstand the wear and tear as well.

ARPsMom
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM
I love the positive messages in the Thomas shows. I love the fact that they focus alot team work and helping others. I don't really remember how we became familiar with Thomas. It seems he has always been a part of our lives. Whether it was some trains, a Thomas shirt or even the videos that were handed down from his cousins he has loved it from day one. At pushing six years old he still loves playing with his toys and has recently starting letting his little brother play trains with him. With so many questionable shows out there for kids I love the fact that Thomas is still around to teach a positive messages. I am so happy that as my one year old grows up he can have Thomas around as well.
sweetmommy811
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I love that Thomas and Friends teach responsibiltity, team work and honesty. It also teaches the basics like counting and colors. I feel confident that my kids are learning important values when they watch the shows. My kids first got introduced by watching Thomas and Friends on television. The shows got the hooked. lol

Whereismymind
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I'm with most of these ladies with what liking the messages Thomas and friends always has. I never worry about my boys watching it or reading the books. 

My oldest saw Thomas on tv then found out he is a "real" train by seeing him at the store and he was in love,lol. We had an awesome train table at one point with a bunch of Thomas stuff but it got was so lived that we had to part with it. 

Bigmetalchicken
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I love that Thomas and Friends is a brand that will not comprimise it's integrity to boost sales. I never have to worry that if I allow my kids to watch a Thomas and friends DVD, that they will learn something sassy, or sneaky for the characters that they love so much. These days, that is a really hard thing to find in a brand, as it seems to be the fad to make children grow up fast. But Thomas and Friends work with the parents, to help keep our small children, children. It sends the message that it is okay to have good, clean fun.

My son became familiar with Thomas and Friends, after a friend sent him her child's old Thomas DVDs. He absolutely fell in love with the series, and the characters.  When he found that there were Thomas and Friends toys, that was the end of it for him. He so enjoyed finding just the right new characters for his own little "Island of Sodor". Now he is passing that love down to his baby sister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)