Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

What did you do for your kid's birthdays this year?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm feeling a bit stuck with DS' 2nd bday.  It's in mid January.  We have no family here and will have just visited family for the holidays.  He had a 105 fever on his 1st bday so there wasn't much of a party that day.

I'm at a loss as what to do...I want to do something special to make up for last year but have no idea what...he doesn't really have "friends" at this age.

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:40 AM

My kids are a bit older so I don't know. Can you have his birthday party early while you are visiting family? 

Okie-chick
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Mobile Photo

For my daughters 2nd birthday in November we're having a double birthday party. One of our friends daughter will be two seven days before mine. The girls love each other and I'm friends with the mom so we decided it would be fun that way. We would be inviting the exact same people anyways. Neither of our families will be able to come,we're in Hawaii and they're in Oklahoma and Georgia. Our theme is Minnie Mouse and this is the cake we've ordered :)
Different names of course,but they're names are very similar to each others
wandep
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Very cute idea. :) My niece is having Mickey Mouse club house for her 2nd year birthday party next month.

Quoting Okie-chick:

Mobile Photo

For my daughters 2nd birthday in November we're having a double birthday party. One of our friends daughter will be two seven days before mine. The girls love each other and I'm friends with the mom so we decided it would be fun that way. We would be inviting the exact same people anyways. Neither of our families will be able to come,we're in Hawaii and they're in Oklahoma and Georgia. Our theme is Minnie Mouse and this is the cake we've ordered :)

ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Great idea and that cake is just too fun!!!

Quoting Okie-chick:

Mobile Photo

sunshinepraying
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM

This year, we did a birthday with just the relatives. For his actual birthday, we took him out to his favorite restaurant the weekend before (dh wasn't sure if he was going to have to work late on ds' birthday). On his actual birthday, I bought a slice of cake and put it in his lunchbox, with happy birthday written on it. I also came to eat lunch with him. In the afternoon, he opened presents, got his favorite food for dinner, and we had a little ice cream together for his treat. ;) For his family get-together, we did Hot Wheels theme.

For DD's bday, we did Elmo theme with the relatives, and took her out to eat as well.

Vertical15
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Pinterest!  Search by age and by things you have that she likes or that you have a theme for like whats her bedroom theme? 

We haven't decided for my 5 and 3 yo birthdays yet (They are Dec and Jan) My oldest's birthday is Nov 9, we are doing a party at a bounce place called BounceU.  All ages and perfect since we have younger kids and older cousins.

mammabear413
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Take him somewhere fun like Aquarium . Then make fave dinner have cupcakes n few gifts

Or indoor play place

We had a party/ going away party we moved 20 hours away few days fater his bday so we had a sm party for his 2 nd. We made cupcakes got pizza and just hung out

disneymom2two
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I took my 15 year old and his girlfriend to the county fair and bought them ride bracelets.  For my 8 year old, we had a backyard movie on a big screen.  Since it was in our yard, she could invite all the people she wanted.

Morrigan333
by Rhianne on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I just bought a Groupon for Roller skating with Pizza and drinks for 5 kids-just $36. I'll spend the rest on more pizza,drinks and cake.

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM

We just have family and a few close friends of ours over.  Cake, Ice cream, conversation, and let the kids run around and play.  What about taking him to a place like chuck e cheese or celebrating his birthday during the holidays since all the family will be present.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)