Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

What did you do for your kid's birthdays this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm feeling a bit stuck with DS' 2nd bday.  It's in mid January.  We have no family here and will have just visited family for the holidays.  He had a 105 fever on his 1st bday so there wasn't much of a party that day.

I'm at a loss as what to do...I want to do something special to make up for last year but have no idea what...he doesn't really have "friends" at this age.

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Replies (11-15):
ScrChk23
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:17 AM

That is an awesome cake!!

Quoting Okie-chick:

Mobile Photo

For my daughters 2nd birthday in November we're having a double birthday party. One of our friends daughter will be two seven days before mine. The girls love each other and I'm friends with the mom so we decided it would be fun that way. We would be inviting the exact same people anyways. Neither of our families will be able to come,we're in Hawaii and they're in Oklahoma and Georgia. Our theme is Minnie Mouse and this is the cake we've ordered :)
Different names of course,but they're names are very similar to each others

Morrigan333
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 8:36 AM

this year(December) we'll be having a rollerskating party.

2pink1blue
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My oldest just turned 11 so she had the 15 other girls in her class over and we hired a DJ to play dance music and facilitate fun games and karoke.  They also did a craft, made their own pizzas and had cake.

For my DS, who turned 8 we hired a game truck to a local park after school.  They set up the video games, laser tag and a huge hamster ball for the 19 boys to play with.  

When my youngest turned 5 last Spring she had her party at the local gym.  They did a fun class, wore the kids out and then I gave them a quick lunch, cupcakes and sent them on their way.

When they were 2, we had smaller parties at home or at a restaurant we enjoyed.  Toddlers don't need a big gimick to enjoy turing two, just loving parents, a yummt treat and maybe a fun present to open.

aj_mom
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM

For DD we went out on her birthday then went to my parents house to open gifts. The following Sunday we had a family birthday party for her at the in-laws.

aj_mom
by Member on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM

For DS we went out to eat then did cake and presents at my parents house. He didn't get a party this year b/c he got a dirt bike.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN