Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

It's nice to finally know what is wrong with her!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

My dh took our 6yr old to the allergy doctor today to have her tested she has been since since sept.but she wasn't sick sick.so we figured it was allergies like normally.she got like this last year but we though they were Normal allergies.but this year she was a lot worse she was saying that her thorat felt like someone was squeezing it and she couldn't breath.so we thought maybe it was a new allergy since we just moved into our new house.so now she is externally allergic to dust mites and cats.and they have her on an inhaler to help with her breathing.the doctor said we can give her allergy shots for the dust since that's the major concern but my husband opted out if that and went with the second option but never told me what it was.guess he will when he gets home.its such a relief to know what's going on with my baby.its just going to be such a pain with the dust and cat hair.the people that we bought our house from the women was a vet so she always had animals in the house and we have animal hair like crazy in all the rooms in the carpet no matter how much I clean I can't get it up.i guess we will be replacing the carpet sooner then we wanted blah

by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Chelsey191
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
I'm allergic to dust mites. They share a protein with seafood so every time I eat seafood my body thinks I ate a dust mite and I get violently ill. Puking my guts out. Just thought id let you know.
Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Oh yay my dd loves seafood. Hopefully that doesn't happen to her. Lol what's a good cover to get to go over her bed and pillows.is their a good brand?

Quoting Chelsey191:

I'm allergic to dust mites. They share a protein with seafood so every time I eat seafood my body thinks I ate a dust mite and I get violently ill. Puking my guts out. Just thought id let you know.

Chelsey191
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:19 PM
I don't know. I live in Alberta and its to dry for dust mites here. I would do some research on it though and don't just get a cheap one because having bad allergies really sucks, especially when it affects your sleep.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Oh yay my dd loves seafood. Hopefully that doesn't happen to her. Lol what's a good cover to get to go over her bed and pillows.is their a good brand?

Quoting Chelsey191:

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Thanks.yes she is up all hours of the night coughing and just doesn't get good sleep.im just clueless as to what's a good brand.i will def have to do some research 

Quoting Chelsey191:

I don't know. I live in Alberta and its to dry for dust mites here. I would do some research on it though and don't just get a cheap one because having bad allergies really sucks, especially when it affects your sleep.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting Chelsey191:

Chelsey191
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Just watch for the seafood. My reaction got worse as an adult.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Thanks.yes she is up all hours of the night coughing and just doesn't get good sleep.im just clueless as to what's a good brand.i will def have to do some research 

Quoting Chelsey191:

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting Chelsey191:

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Thanks I will keep that in mind

Quoting Chelsey191:

Just watch for the seafood. My reaction got worse as an adult.

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting Chelsey191:

Quoting Mommy2-3181:

Quoting Chelsey191:

momofsixangels
by on Nov. 26, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Thats great they figured it out! My 12 year old dd has bad allergies

minimo77
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:09 PM

That sucks! Glad you they figured it out. I would be ripping out the carpets asap though, Good luck!

Mommy2-3181
by on Nov. 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM

We are going to get it done in a few weeks right now. I'm just going to vacuum her room twice a day. Until we can get the carpet up.but for now she has her two inhalers and they seem to be making a big difference in her breathing

Quoting minimo77:

That sucks! Glad you they figured it out. I would be ripping out the carpets asap though, Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN