Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Welcome to Kids & Fun! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

welcome

Welcome to Kids & Fun!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group.
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where are you from?

3. What are some of your favorite recipes to make for your family?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

coffee

Here are some helpful links:

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:28 PM
Replies (71-80):
aidensmomma508
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Quoting KateV11:

Hi, I'm Kate. I have nine kids, three girls and six boys. Chelsea is 17, Brandon is 16, Ashley is 15, Alyssa is 13, Ryan is 12, Tyler is 10, Brett is 8, Cody is 5, Carson is 3 and Kegan is 3 months.

We live in Texas, about an hour from Dallas.

I don't get much time to myself since I homeschool the kids, but when I do get some time alone I like to relax by reading or watching movies.

Welcome to the group :) sounds busy but awesome

aidensmomma508
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Hi everyone. I'm Melissa. I have a 3yo DS, Jackson. We live in Round Rock, TX (just north of Austin) but I grew up in northern MN. I'm recently separated from DH and we're adjusting to parenting DS.

Some of our favorite recipes are baked chicken and rice, crockpot pizza and anything else I can shove into my crockpot.

When I get time to myself I like to read, work on my cross stitch and lately get some pilates in. I don't get too much time to myself mduring the week since I watch my nephews (7 and 3) and niece (4) three days a week while my brother is at work.

Welcome to the group :) I'm learning crock pot recipes slowly 

sonnyswoman75
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:42 AM
I have never read Stephan King but my fiancee has almost all the books if I ever get bored enough to try them.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Bertrice Small and Stephen King are my 2 favorites. I'll pretty much read anything at least once except anything fantasy.

Quoting sonnyswoman75: I love reading also....what are your favorite authors?

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Hi everyone. I'm Melissa. I have a 3yo DS, Jackson. We live in Round Rock, TX (just north of Austin) but I grew up in northern MN. I'm recently separated from DH and we're adjusting to parenting DS.

Some of our favorite recipes are baked chicken and rice, crockpot pizza and anything else I can shove into my crockpot.

When I get time to myself I like to read, work on my cross stitch and lately get some pilates in. I don't get too much time to myself mduring the week since I watch my nephews (7 and 3) and niece (4) three days a week while my brother is at work.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 9:45 PM

My hubby likes those too

Quoting sonnyswoman75: I have never read Stephan King but my fiancee has almost all the books if I ever get bored enough to try them.
Quoting trfgirl56701:

Bertrice Small and Stephen King are my 2 favorites. I'll pretty much read anything at least once except anything fantasy.

Quoting sonnyswoman75: I love reading also....what are your favorite authors?
Quoting trfgirl56701:

nola_twins
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Hi Moms, my name is nola_twins

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have 5 year old twins (girl/boy)

2. Where are you from? I am from New Orleans, LA

3. What are some of your favorite recipes to make for your family? I like to make Red Beans and Rice, Spaghetti Casserole, and Enchaladas

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? SLEEP!!! Lol, I like to paint my nails (I have a HUGE collection of nail polish)

5. What's on your mind today? I'm ready to leave this class and go home and relax!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Welcome to the group! Are your twins in school yet, or still too young? My son turned 6 in December, so he is in kindergarten this year.

What kind of classes are you taking? I hope you did get to go home and relax after... :-)

Quoting nola_twins:

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I have 5 year old twins (girl/boy)

3. What are some of your favorite recipes to make for your family? I like to make Red Beans and Rice, Spaghetti Casserole, and Enchaladas

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? SLEEP!!! Lol, I like to paint my nails (I have a HUGE collection of nail polish)

5. What's on your mind today? I'm ready to leave this class and go home and relax!

nola_twins
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 3:42 PM
The twins are in kindergarten. I'm taking paralegal studies classes, but I'm over this now (lol). I have 2 degrees, I'm tired of school. I didn't relax, I passed out and went to sleep. I'll try again today to relax after the twins go to sleep. Maybe I can catch up on Scandal (lol).

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Welcome to the group! Are your twins in school yet, or still too young? My son turned 6 in December, so he is in kindergarten this year.

What kind of classes are you taking? I hope you did get to go home and relax after... :-)

Quoting nola_twins:

Kaci
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 9:26 PM
lol

Quoting JTMOM422:

He was a Captain in the Navy. For us in the army that would be a Colonel. My dad retired at 20 years because of his back too lol 

Quoting Kaci: 30 years! My dad had to retire after 20 because of his back. My mom didn't want him to.
Quoting JTMOM422:

My hubby's dad was Navy for almost 30 years and he only went to Thailand LOL

Quoting Kaci: Wish my dad had been sent there. But England , Africa and one other place (maybe it was Guam) was where he had to go.
Quoting JTMOM422:

It really is. I just love how everywhere you look there is so much history.

Quoting Kaci: Wow! It sounds beautiful !
Quoting JTMOM422:

You can practically go anywhere and see a castle. The cinderella castle in disneyland is based off a real castel. It's the Neuschwanstein castle in Germany. It's beautiful.

Quoting Kaci: One of my doctors nurses moved to Germany and loves it.
Quoting JTMOM422:

I think Athens Georgia. I have lived in Germany 4 times. I lived there 2 times with my parents and 2 times with my ex husband. Beautiful country. My now hubby has a son who lives in Germany with his mom

Quoting Kaci: Wow! My dad went overseas but we never went with him. My sister was born in Indiana. The farthest away we lived was Alaska. What part of Georgia was your husband born at?
Quoting JTMOM422:

My oldest sister was born in Korea, me and my youngest sister were born in Germany and the only one born in the states was my sister just older than me. She was born in Kentucky. My hubby was born in Georgia

Quoting Kaci: Air Force. Both of my parents were from Georgia. I was born in California, raised up north and transplanted in the south here in Georgia.
Quoting JTMOM422:

My dad was in the army. What branch did you grow up in

Quoting Kaci: I grew up in the military also. What branch was your dad in?
Quoting JTMOM422:

He has been in for about 15 years now. I grew up military and was married to a soldier for 11 years before. I met my now husband and lo and behold he is military too lol

Quoting Kaci: Welcome Brenda! How long has your dh been in the Army? Do you like military life?
Quoting JTMOM422:

Hi there. My name is Brenda. I have one girl 5 and a boy 3. We are stationed in Tn. My hubby is in the army and I am a SAHM.

Hubby and I love spicy foods of any kind. My kiddos are picky. My dd eats mostly veggies and my ds mostly...well to be honest ....he is just plain picky LOL

I love to get onto cafe mom. I do this in the morning when I am the only one awake enjoying the peace and quiet with my coffee. Other than that I love to write. It's a great release for me. I am waiting for the weather to improve so I can start running. I need another outlet that is physical and I liked the way I felt last year when I started.

Chocolate. Yep that is on my mind right now. I really want some LOL

mamalikens
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Hello I am Lori- a mother of 4 girls and married for 16 yrs. My daughters are 18, 14, 9 and 22 months. We live in West Virginia. Am excited to meet people and explore what looks like some wonderful groups here on Cafemom :)

SixLowes
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:11 PM

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?
I have 4 boys, Nicholas is 9, Matthew is 7, Nathan is 5 and Michael is 23 months 

2. Where are you from?
South Carolina

3. What are some of your favorite recipes to make for your family?
Chicken fajitas, homemade macaroni and cheese, porcupine balls

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?
Read, watch movies, scrapbook, garden, bake 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)