Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Do your kids get an allowance?

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM
  • 20 Replies

Mine do not. If they want money, they need to earn it. They're pretty good at doing so.

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM

I did but only if all my chores had been done every day of the week. If I didnt do them one day i didnt get an allowance. I'm not sure if we'll give our kid an allowance

ablackdolphin
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Mine are too young but they will I like it as a way to teach them how much things cost and saving etc
Angela4boys
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM
No, mine don't.
lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Nope.  I never got an allowance as a child either.

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 8:05 PM

No, we're about earning money, too, when they're old enough to really understand it.

ceciliam
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

No. We will give him money for helping out with above and beyond chores.

Ambear72
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:30 PM
I'm like you, they need to work for the money they want, not their normal chore stuff. They don't do much but they do need to contribute to the household. If they want money for something they need to do things like yard work or something like that. They really don't ask for much though.
SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Yes, my son gets $1/week for chores beyond just being responsible for his own stuff.
arpazia
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:12 PM
No, he gets enough stuff.
He's welcome to earn money though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonita131
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Duh, that's what getting an allowance means and has always meant. If a child wants an allowance, aka spending money & saving money, the child has to earn it. If the child does not do his or her assigned chores it is deducted from their allowance and could be deducted until there is no allowance to be had come allowance day.. Allowances teach children how to handle money at a young age, how much allowance to spend and how much allowance to save for that special something they really want. Simply giving them spending money for chores done teaches them if they sweep the floor and take out the garbage mom will give them money to go spend on junk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)