Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Family Time Challenge Day 1: Set a Time for THIS!

Posted by   + Show Post

Between work schedules and after school activities, finding time to spend as a family can be difficult. Today's challenge is have a set time for dinner and schedule extracurricular activities around that. Even if you can't accomplish this seven days a week, the more time you do sit down as a family the better!

During your family dinners make sure that everyone unplugs from electronics. A fun exception would be if a family member is stuck at work and you face time or Skype them into the dinner conversation! Make sure that each family member has an opportunity to contribute to the conversation and share what they are up to.

eating

How many nights a week does your whole family eat dinner together? What's the biggest obstacle you face when trying to get everything to sit down together? Did you have a set time for dinner when you were a kid?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card!

Family Time Challenge Sign Up-- You Could WIN $50!

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Replies (101-106):
Orthodontic
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:35 PM
We eat every day together whether breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It hard with nap times and school schedule to expect every meal together as a family. My sons first birthday was fun.
2GirlsMom110
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:10 AM

we try for 7 days a week. We still can the girls are young enough.

copperswifey
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM

We always eat together. If there are no sporting events we eat at 5pm. :)

butterfly227
by on Mar. 17, 2014 at 1:03 PM

We eat as a family most nights, its our time to come together as a family and share our day. Other nights we eat while watching tv. As a child I remember mostly eating with my family at the dinner table.

aztecqueen22
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:17 PM
we eat almost everyday as a family. biggest obstacle is when DS is with grams and he is crying bc he wants me or wants to nurse while I'm cooking.
salviniata23
by on Oct. 22, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Well every night it's my kids and I since their father works late.but we always sit together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN