Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Family Time Challenge Day 2: Avoid Multi-Tasking Your Family!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM
  • 86 Replies

How many times have your kids told you a story, but you were so consumed doing something else that you didn't hear a word they said? Moms are master multi-taskers, but when it comes to spending time with your family, it's better to slow down and do one thing at a time. The time we have with our family is precious and deserves our undivided attention. Today's challenge is to avoid multitasking your family!

Children need to feel like they are the focus of your attention. When your child tell you about something exciting, look them in their eyes and share their excitement. If you are talking to your SO, do it without the TV on or while looking at your cell phone.

girl giving flower

Do you find yourself multi-tasking your time with family?  How often do you look your kids in the eyes when they tell you a story? Share some ways you make the time with your family special!

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card!

Family Time Challenge Sign Up-- You Could WIN $50!

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emtgirl885
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:35 PM
I do it sometimes, like when I am trying to get out the door. I talk to my family sometimes when I am cooking. When my son wants to tell me something, I give him my attention.
mommaFruFru
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:36 PM
I try to avoid multi tasking when having family time as much as possible
.JuneDiva629.
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM
I always make sure to look at my kids when they are telling me something.
celestegood
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I try to avoid multitasking when possible. When I'm with my kids, they get my attention.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sukainah
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I need to improve on this.  But I really do try to look my kids in the eyes when they are talking to me.  Same with DH when he is talking to me.

sarah824
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM

I have noticed that the best talks I have with my kids happen when I am driving them to or from activities. It is just the two of us in the car and we can really talk. 

kerryket
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:40 PM

We sit down and eat together and talk.

Paigesmommy78
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM
This is a good one
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I do this to my husband not my kids : / I need to work on this

After dinner and we have dinner dishes cleaned up, we sit in the family room and talk and read books. The children cherish it an I hope to continue doing it and find ways to do it with the recent introduction to sports

Larsbug
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I am always multi-tasking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN