Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Family Time Challenge Day 2: Avoid Multi-Tasking Your Family!

Posted by   + Show Post

How many times have your kids told you a story, but you were so consumed doing something else that you didn't hear a word they said? Moms are master multi-taskers, but when it comes to spending time with your family, it's better to slow down and do one thing at a time. The time we have with our family is precious and deserves our undivided attention. Today's challenge is to avoid multitasking your family!

Children need to feel like they are the focus of your attention. When your child tell you about something exciting, look them in their eyes and share their excitement. If you are talking to your SO, do it without the TV on or while looking at your cell phone.

girl giving flower

Do you find yourself multi-tasking your time with family?  How often do you look your kids in the eyes when they tell you a story? Share some ways you make the time with your family special!

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card!

Family Time Challenge Sign Up-- You Could WIN $50!

by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Replies (81-86):
eevers55
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM

The only time I multi task is when there's something that HAS to get done, like cooking a meal or getting out the door. Otherwise, my email can wait, my article can get a bookmark, whatever. My kids and my husband are more important to me than something I can stop for a minute to listen to them

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:45 PM

I do find myself doing that sometimes but I am trying to work on that. I try to make them know I am listening and that I really care.

Bob192
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 1:37 AM

I am working on listening to my kids more when they want my attention!!

EbonySnow
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:11 PM

I do tend to multitask but I make sure to make time everyday to fully focus on her

butterfly227
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:38 AM

Ive caught myself multi-tasking when my dd was talking to me and I had to make myself stop and listen. That doent happen very often, I always take time to listen when she talks to me.

aztecqueen22
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:19 PM
I'm constantly multitasking with my family especially if its really important
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)