Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Family Time Challenge Day 3: Kids' Choice!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM
  • 87 Replies

Are you the one who usually plans your family's activities? Today's challenge is to step back and have your kids plan the next family outing! Let the kids be in charge from start to finish and watch how proud they are to be in the lead.

Here are some suggestions:

• Set a budget and geographical boundaries.
  • Let your kids pick the place and plan when you need to leave the house.
  • Tell your kids they are in charge of packing snacks.

family in the van

Have you ever let your kids plan the family activity for the day? Do they seem more into it if they are involved in the planning? What are some of their favorite places to go as a family?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card!

Family Time Challenge Sign Up-- You Could WIN $50!

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Great idea...I like this idea. I'm always trying to incorporate real like experience in our day...I think this is a good one!
TerriC
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM

We have let them.  They do seem more into it when they get to choose what we do.  They love to go up the mountains to a resort that is just beautiful and open to the public.  Sometimes we bring their bikes or scooters and they ride all over the place.

.JuneDiva629.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I really like this idea.I will do this next time.
othermom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM

They give us suggestions on what they would like to do, They do help pack snacks and stuff.

SlightlyPerfect
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Love this idea.
SlightlyPerfect
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM
Are you talking about the Poconos? We took DD there and to Bushkill Falls. Love riding around up there.

I'm teaching my daughter about money, and this budgeting thing is a good idea. How do you incorporate that into what your family does?

Quoting TerriC:

We have let them.  They do seem more into it when they get to choose what we do.  They love to go up the mountains to a resort that is just beautiful and open to the public.  Sometimes we bring their bikes or scooters and they ride all over the place.

nicolett80
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Dh and I come up with 2 or 3 ideas and we let the kids make the final decision. My kids love to be involved in picking the activity.
mommaFruFru
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Sounds like a great idea!
aidensmomma508
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Sounds fun maybe when we aren't sick I have pneumonia 

SCL_HF
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:53 AM

DS is only 2 1/2 so he isn't much for planning. He does enjoy the park that is right next door and asks to go there frequently. DS loves going to the Zoo as a family but going to the store is his absolute favorite! He gets to help put things in the cart and he loves helping Mom and Dad. Weird activity but he loves to help lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN