Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Family Time Challenge Day 4: Family Book Club!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:21 PM
  • 85 Replies

The love of books is a gift parents can give their kids at an early age. Today's challenge is to encourage the love of reading by starting a family book club! Each month have a member of your family choose a book and pick one day to sit down and discuss it. Think of some questions to get the conversation started and let everyone have a turn asking their own questions.

Even children who are not reading yet can be included. Make the book club selection their bedtime story for the month. If you are having a tough time making a book selection, talk to your local librarian for suggestions. Not only will the book club encourage reading, but it will also be a unique family bonding experience!

reading

Are your children old enough to read? Would your family enjoy a book club? Tell us some of the books you would choose for your family's book club?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card!

Family Time Challenge Sign Up-- You Could WIN $50!

by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Dd is too young for this and my hubby is severely dislexic so this idea wouldn't really work for us. We do take dd to the library several times a month, she has her own library card and checks out new books every few weeks. We do lots of reading together.
Larsbug
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:29 PM

neither of my kids are old enough to read, but they get read to every night

.JuneDiva629.
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM
We all love reading.This will be fun to do as a family.
chicken13
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:30 PM

My dd will be 14 tomorrow (happy birthday!!)...so yes she can read.

we don't watch TV during the week (with a few rare exceptions), so almost every evening includes done reading time.  Dd even has a tough time falling asleep without reading first.

goddess99
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I don't think my family would enjoy a book club, none of us enjoy reading to that level. It would be more like a chore.

TerriC
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:36 PM

They are and I do think they'd enjoy a book club.  They are really into the Nancy Drew Mysteries right now and anything Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:37 PM

My dd is old enough to read.  She might like the book club.  I'm not sure what book we would chose.

emtgirl885
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:38 PM
My son is not old enough to read on his own. I read lots of books to him.
elasmimi
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:45 PM

We are a family of readers. My 7 y/o reads well for her age, but does not enjoy it. I'm really struggling to get her more interested. Right now we are reading the Magic Treehouse books.

celestegood
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM
We absolutely do this! It's a lot of fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)