Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!
I saw this done in another group and thought it was fun to see how prices range in different regions of the country. Post the prices of these few basic items in your area, and let us know where you are, or what grocery store :)

A gallon of gas?
A gallon of milk?
A loaf of bread?
A dozen eggs?
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Replies (11-19):
othermom
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Milk 2.68 at walmart,  Gas, 3.54  Bread  around $1.50 for store brand at walmart  Eggs around $2. I live in Eastern OR

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:38 AM
We have a store here called Aldi's...not sure if you have it there? I get big loafs there for .85 cents. That's where we do most of our shopping...but at most stores the prices are around $2

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Yeah, we can't compete with CA on cost of living... But Maine is "bad enough" for me! ;-) I did buy an inexpensive loaf of bread for $2.50 today, but that was the cheap kind. Better bread was more in the $4 range. White store brand eggs were $2/dozen. I forgot to check on milk!

Quoting Angela4boys: I'm from CA and cost if living is way high. Gas is well over $4 a gallon. My mom said milk is almost $5 a gallon, same with a loaf of bread. Moving away, and seeing how the rest of the world lives ;). I don't think I could go back to paying those prices.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

It's been higher this winter... Cost of living is pretty high here overall. I'm always shocked when I grocery shop with my mom in KS!

Quoting Angela4boys: That's expensive gas!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: This is a fun idea... I'll have to look when I go to the grocery store tomorrow!

I know gas is around $3.55/gallon here in Maine.

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Those are really good prices! I'm envious of those milk prices!

Quoting othermom:

Milk 2.68 at walmart,  Gas, 3.54  Bread  around $1.50 for store brand at walmart  Eggs around $2. I live in Eastern OR

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:44 AM
No Aldis here. I'm familiar with it from home, and they always have great prices. We don't really have any discount grocery stores. There was a factory bread outlet in town for a while, but they went out when Hostess went bankrupt.

Quoting Angela4boys: We have a store here called Aldi's...not sure if you have it there? I get big loafs there for .85 cents. That's where we do most of our shopping...but at most stores the prices are around $2

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: Yeah, we can't compete with CA on cost of living... But Maine is "bad enough" for me! ;-) I did buy an inexpensive loaf of bread for $2.50 today, but that was the cheap kind. Better bread was more in the $4 range. White store brand eggs were $2/dozen. I forgot to check on milk!

Quoting Angela4boys: I'm from CA and cost if living is way high. Gas is well over $4 a gallon. My mom said milk is almost $5 a gallon, same with a loaf of bread. Moving away, and seeing how the rest of the world lives ;). I don't think I could go back to paying those prices.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

It's been higher this winter... Cost of living is pretty high here overall. I'm always shocked when I grocery shop with my mom in KS!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: This is a fun idea... I'll have to look when I go to the grocery store tomorrow!

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:47 AM
We had those in CA too...same thing happened. Such a bummer.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: No Aldis here. I'm familiar with it from home, and they always have great prices. We don't really have any discount grocery stores. There was a factory bread outlet in town for a while, but they went out when Hostess went bankrupt.

Quoting Angela4boys: We have a store here called Aldi's...not sure if you have it there? I get big loafs there for .85 cents. That's where we do most of our shopping...but at most stores the prices are around $2

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Gas: $3.59

Milk (we buy organic): $5.99

Bread (we buy sprouted grain): $3.99

Eggs (we buy free range/organic): $3.49

Barabell
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Those items would cost exactly the same amount here too. I cited the lowest cost instead.

Quoting Heather2001:

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM
We would not be eating often at those prices! Woo!

Quoting Heather2001:

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:14 AM
A gallon of gas? 3.79
A gallon of milk? 3.25
A loaf of bread? 1.79
A dozen eggs? 2.19
Northern Indiana
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)