Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Game night?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:32 PM
  • 13 Replies
We recently inherited some great board games from my in laws... Battleship, Up Words, and Pizza Party among them. We've also been teaching DS how to play Rummikub. Can you tell that we enjoy family game night from time to time? :-)

Does your family play board or card games together? What are some of your favorites?
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM
We do! We like clue, life, monopoly, there is another one I always forget what the name of it is...kinda similar to where's Waldo, sorry...we like board games too.
Barabell
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:14 AM
We don't have one.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM

We really need to get Life... My son loved playing it at my mom's house over Christmas, and I like it a lot too! Do you guys play board games together often?

Quoting Angela4boys: We do! We like clue, life, monopoly, there is another one I always forget what the name of it is...kinda similar to where's Waldo, sorry...we like board games too.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:24 AM

We don't really have a "regular" game night either... We just pull them out when we're looking for something fun to do in the evenings. Do you guys ever play board games as a family, or is it not really your type of thing?

Quoting Barabell: We don't have one.

Barabell
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
No, we don't really play them. I played them sometimes with my son when he was younger, but we have not played one in years.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

We don't really have a "regular" game night either... We just pull them out when we're looking for something fun to do in the evenings. Do you guys ever play board games as a family, or is it not really your type of thing?

Quoting Barabell: We don't have one.

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:20 AM
We do, and at least once a week. Sometimes they get on a streak where they play every day.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

We really need to get Life... My son loved playing it at my mom's house over Christmas, and I like it a lot too! Do you guys play board games together often?

Quoting Angela4boys: We do! We like clue, life, monopoly, there is another one I always forget what the name of it is...kinda similar to where's Waldo, sorry...we like board games too.

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:57 PM

My kids are young, so we play games like Candy Land, Sneaky Snacky Squirrel, and other kiddie games.  It's hard because they all want to win at this age and it's difficult constantly explaining that everyone doesn't win every time.  LOL

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:30 AM
How old are your kiddos? I remember endless games of Candy Land with a lot of tears when someone else got a special pink card! My son is 6 now, so he doesn't get as upset, but he still likes to play every so often. He also liked Hi Ho Cherry-O at that preschool age. :) I've never heard of Sneaky Snacky Squirrel!

Quoting Heather2001:

My kids are young, so we play games like Candy Land, Sneaky Snacky Squirrel, and other kiddie games.  It's hard because they all want to win at this age and it's difficult constantly explaining that everyone doesn't win every time.  LOL

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:31 AM
We get like that if we're really into a particular game... I think the last one my son played every day was dominoes.

Quoting Angela4boys: We do, and at least once a week. Sometimes they get on a streak where they play every day.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Angela4boys
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM
My kids love monopoly (happens to be lower on my list of favorites ;). So that's the one they get addicted to.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: We get like that if we're really into a particular game... I think the last one my son played every day was dominoes.

Quoting Angela4boys: We do, and at least once a week. Sometimes they get on a streak where they play every day.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)