Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Another snow day??

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:40 AM
  • 30 Replies
Yes, you heard it right, my son has no school today. It has been snowing hard all morning, on top of freezing rain from last night. Definitely a good call to cancel, though we may be sad about it in June!

Have there been a lot of snow days in your area this year? What are your favorite snow day activities?
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM
There sure have been, but we homeschool, so our schedule stays the same....and as for the June thing...I'm considering shifting to year around schooling, lol!
Ambear72
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Wow, I'm sorry you have another snow day. How many does this make? Send the rain/snow to me in Northern Nevada!
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:47 AM
School here always goes until June, because it starts either in late August or after Labor Day. I don't know when our last scheduled day was, but we'll probably have to add on two or three days.

The year round thing would be great to have vacation flexibility, more breaks, etc... Since you're just working with your own schedule anyway!

Quoting Angela4boys: There sure have been, but we homeschool, so our schedule stays the same....and as for the June thing...I'm considering shifting to year around schooling, lol!
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:50 AM
I'm not sure... Maybe 6 cancelations and 2-3 delays? I haven't kept track, but I know the school district has! ;-)

Are you in the desert or the mountains? We mostly love snow and winter, but this has been such a bitterly cold winter that it's been hard to enjoy as much. Lots of single digits, which I guess are making yet another return this weekend. :-P

Quoting Ambear72: Wow, I'm sorry you have another snow day. How many does this make? Send the rain/snow to me in Northern Nevada!
Angela4boys
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:26 AM
And it's hard getting back on track after breaks.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: School here always goes until June, because it starts either in late August or after Labor Day. I don't know when our last scheduled day was, but we'll probably have to add on two or three days.

The year round thing would be great to have vacation flexibility, more breaks, etc... Since you're just working with your own schedule anyway!

Quoting Angela4boys: There sure have been, but we homeschool, so our schedule stays the same....and as for the June thing...I'm considering shifting to year around schooling, lol!
othermom
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 12:56 PM

That sucks

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
That makes sense. Would you do a couple of months on, a week off, that kind of thing?

Quoting Angela4boys: And it's hard getting back on track after breaks.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: School here always goes until June, because it starts either in late August or after Labor Day. I don't know when our last scheduled day was, but we'll probably have to add on two or three days.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:21 PM
We made the best of it. ;-) Have your kids had a lot of snow days this year?

Quoting othermom:

That sucks

Angela4boys
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't take time off unless we were going on vacation

Quoting SarahSuzyQ: That makes sense. Would you do a couple of months on, a week off, that kind of thing?

Quoting Angela4boys: And it's hard getting back on track after breaks.

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM

We homeschool so we don't have snow days, per se, but I'm so tired of the snow!!!  It snowed again yesterday.  I just want it to be warm already.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)