Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids & Fun! Kids & Fun!

Do you store spare change?

Posted by   + Show Post
Where do you keep it? Are you saving it up for something?
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Replies (11-19):
littlecheifsmom
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, we save it in.large jars & I change it in every few months. I save the funds for a special day of fun, last year we went to Lego land
nola_twins
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I save spare change in a upside down top from a spindle of CD's... I have no idea why I'm saving it, but it has come through a few times in the past.  My kids also like adding change to my collection.

Angela4boys
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Kinda. In the laundry room I have a jar that I keep change that came out of the laundry.
aj_mom
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:22 PM

We have a piggy bank and when it gets full we dump that into a coffee can. When the coffee can gets full we take it to the bank, and then either use it for vacation, Christmas, or put in into savings.

aj_mom
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:24 PM

I have one in there too.

Quoting Angela4boys: Kinda. In the laundry room I have a jar that I keep change that came out of the laundry.

Morrigan333
by Rhianne on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Eh,  I give it to my kid to put in her bank. I just put about $1.25 in change in there. Some goes in the coin pocket in the car for (incidentals).

SarahSuzyQ
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:17 PM
In my car. I use it to pay parking meters. If I ever get change when I'm not in the car, I give it to DS for his piggy bank.
sonnyswoman75
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:14 PM
That's a good idea!

Quoting Morrigan333:

Eh,  I give it to my kid to put in her bank. I just put about $1.25 in change in there. Some goes in the coin pocket in the car for (incidentals).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I put my change into a huge water cooler bottle. 99% of the time my change doesn't make it in there though. DS usually finds it and it goes into his piggy bank.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)