Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fury Erupts Over H1N1 Shots for Prisoners **EDITED WITH LINK TO WHOLE STORY**

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:34 AM
  • 6 Replies

(Oct. 28) -- While children, pregnant women and people with compromised immune systems wait in hours-long lines for H1N1 vaccines, some of their counterparts behind bars have no such hassle.

http://www.sphere.com/2009/10/28/fury-erupts-over-h1n1-shots-for-prisoners/

by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Oct. 29, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Wow.

Guess I better commit a crime to get decent healthcare huh?

That's totally fucked up.  I do not blame people AT ALL for being pissed off about this.

My 2yr old son got one of the last H1N1 vaccines at his pediatrician's office..... 

The thought that prisoners would get these shots before those who are in higher risk stratifications really shows our systems' inherent flaws.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Not too sure what happened... I had copy and pasted the whole article with the link, but I see only the first paragraph showed up!

I added the link now.

MommyOnLI
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:02 AM

i would think the public would want them to get the H1N1 and we can use them as guinni pigs instead of our children.

i for one and not taking the risks associated with GBS, they did it to us in 1976 and they are doing it again.

studies cant be done to see the after effects of the 2009 H1N1 until after its been given out, so let them give it to prisioners and study them.

night.magic
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Well, I think it's a good idea to "test" those shots out on prisoners instead of people that arent' in prison. So, if there are any adverse reactions, at least the good people won't be affect, it will be affecting those that may not ever walk the public streets again. Call me cold hearted but if you're in prison, then they ought to be the guinea pig!

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.  ~Bruce Crampton

night.magic
by Member on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:06 AM

LOL I didn't read through your reply and we thought the same thing. LOL

Quoting MommyOnLI:

i would think the public would want them to get the H1N1 and we can use them as guinni pigs instead of our children.

i for one and not taking the risks associated with GBS, they did it to us in 1976 and they are doing it again.

studies cant be done to see the after effects of the 2009 H1N1 until after its been given out, so let them give it to prisioners and study them.

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.  ~Bruce Crampton

Jynnifer292
by on Oct. 29, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Do we seriously think that the government is being noble and immunizing in the order of risk? I think it is more a case of being captive test subjects. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)