Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cannabis Colleges Crop Up: New Institutions for 'Higher' Learning

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:22 AM
  • 14 Replies

Michigan's first training center for medical marijuana education doesn't ask students for their homework. There are no final exams.

"We're more of a trade school," said Nick Tennant, Med Grow's 24-year-old founder.

As states loosen their medical marijuana laws, institutions such as Med Grow are sprouting up, looking to educate potential caregivers about how to enter the cannabis industry the legal way.

Tennant opened the doors of Med Grow's 4,800-square-foot facility near Detroit in September, about 10 months after voters approved the state's medical marijuana act.

Always wanting to be his own boss, Tennant had dropped out of college to manage valet and auto-detail companies. But when his businesses contracted under the smothering recession, he looked to the medical marijuana industry for his next opportunity, months before the measure was up for public vote.

"We knew the law was going to get passed," he said.

In addition to Michigan, 12 states have legalized medical marijuana use: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/SmallBiz/higher-learning-medical-marijuana-colleges-crop/story?id=9154672&cid=yahoo_pitchlist

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics

Group Mod

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tericared
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Thousands Learn How to Sell Legal Medical Marijuana

Join us on

Group Mod

trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:05 AM

My husband's boss's wife just got back from taking a bunch of classes at the School in Northern California.  They are starting a co-op grow roo, and she needed to be taught the laws.

sweetie00
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Quoting tericared:

I can smell that.

tericared
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Quoting trippyhippy:

My husband's boss's wife just got back from taking a bunch of classes at the School in Northern California.  They are starting a co-op grow roo, and she needed to be taught the laws.

Does she think she will be able to make desent money?

Join us on

Group Mod

trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:54 PM

There is big money to be had right now.  We shall see if she is able to capitalize on it while the gettin' in good.

Quoting tericared:

Quoting trippyhippy:

survivorinohio
by René on Dec. 2, 2009 at 7:57 PM

Quoting sweetie00:

Quoting tericared:

I can smell that.

LOL!!!!!

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

tericared
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Quoting trippyhippy:

There is big money to be had right now.  We shall see if she is able to capitalize on it while the gettin' in good.

Quoting tericared:

Quoting trippyhippy:

I wish the rest of the country would follow suit...

Join us on

Group Mod

survivorinohio
by René on Dec. 2, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting trippyhippy:

Quoting tericared:

Quoting trippyhippy:

I wish the rest of the country would follow suit...

Me too.  I would be happy for it to be legal for me to grow just a little bit to help my disability.  I want to eat it, not smoke it but while it is illegal it is certainly not affordable enough for me to try and eat it.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I want to go to Oaksterdam in N Cali. We are planning on starting a co-op with some friends.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

tericared
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Quoting Friday:

I want to go to Oaksterdam in N Cali. We are planning on starting a co-op with some friends.

I thought of you when I saw this article..

Join us on

Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)