Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow.

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

Cops: Woman makes threat to help boss make flight

AP
Mon Nov 30, 10:55 pm ET

MIAMI - A South Florida woman has been charged with calling in a bomb threat to keep her boss from missing a flight. An arrest report said a 31-year-old woman was charged Thursday with making a false report of planting a bomb. Miami International Airport officials received a call and an e-mail Wednesday claiming that a bomb was on an American Airlines plane. Police searched the specified aircraft but didn't find a bomb.

Investigators tracked the e-mail to the woman's computer.

During questioning, the woman reportedly told police that her boss had been booked on the flight to Honduras, but she had caused him to be late for the flight. She thought the bomb threat would give her boss time to make it.

The woman was being held on $7,500 bail.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JoshiRachelsMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:20 PM

DumbASS

miss146mn
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Now, that's some job dedication!

CafeMom Tickers
survivorinohio
by René on Dec. 1, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Wow... Yes, an echo is all I have to offer...

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

PamR
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM

Seriously - stupid.

tericared
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM

sealed lip

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics

Group Mod

sweetie00
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Are ppl living in little bubbles or what???? HEL-LO! Bomb threat-gonna get caught.

carterscutie85
by Bronze Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:35 PM

ok, WHY would this women think that making a false bomb threat would cause her boss to MAKE his flight??   Common sense: If a bomb threat is made, the whole airport usually goes into lockdown mode..some people do to many drugs. lol

sillyone2
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:55 PM

What she did was really stupid. She probably still lost her job, but these days ppl will do almost anything to keep their job. They know they are so lucky to have it that just breathing wrong they can lose the job and there is 1000s of ppl waiting for her/him to screw up.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I'm sorry... trying to catch my breath from laughing so hard.  How stupid can a person get?  I mean call from a payphone at least... using your own e-mail from your own computer?  What an idiot!  I'm glad they caught her though.  Bomb threats are a good way to have a WHOLE lot of people climbing all over your backside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)