Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOOHOOOO!! I love me them Europeans!

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM
  • 60 Replies

If you think for a second that our government and media is not controlled by Zionists, then just why are Americans (not all) the only ones who seem NOT TO GET IT!

Haaretz Exclusive: EU draft document on division of Jerusalem
By Barak Ravid, Haaretz Correspondent
Tags: Middle East peace 
Current EU president Sweden has proposed that the body recognize East Jerusalem as Palestinian capital.

The current holder of the rotating European Union presidency, Sweden, has put together a draft document calling for the division of Jerusalem between Israel and a future Palestinian state and implying that the EU would recognize a unilateral Palestinian declaration of statehood.

Haaretz has obtained a copy of the document (below) that has sparked criticism by Israel, which claims that such a move would further harm the chances of renewing the Mideast peace process.  Who cares what israel thinks?

To see article in entirety included provisions of draft document that would not copy over:  http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1131988.html
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tericared
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Haaretz has obtained a copy of the document (below) that has sparked criticism by Israel..

Well of course it does, they do not want peace....they want it all...

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics

Group Mod

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Quoting Gypsyuma: 
Haaretz Exclusive: EU draft document on division of Jerusalem
By Barak Ravid, Haaretz Correspondent
Tags: Middle East peace 
Current EU president Sweden has proposed that the body recognize East Jerusalem as Palestinian capital.

The current holder of the rotating European Union presidency, Sweden, has put together a draft document calling for the division of Jerusalem between Israel and a future Palestinian state and implying that the EU would recognize a unilateral Palestinian declaration of statehood.

Haaretz has obtained a copy of the document (below) that has sparked criticism by Israel, which claims that such a move would further harm the chances of renewing the Mideast peace process. 
 To see article in entirety included provisions of draft document that would not copy over:  http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1131988.html

Based on the OP, it sounds promising.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Ok, stop with the "Zionists", and the "I hate Israel" declarations.  Its not working - all you are doing is pushing people away from your point by using hate speech.  And no, I'm not taking "Israel's side".  I'm telling you that if you want people to understand and sympathize with your situation, then don't insult them right off the bat by spewing hatred.  You are shooting yourself in the foot.  I think the information you posted is fantastic, but instead of focusing on that I'm bitching about the hate speech.  Be respectful enough to those of us in here to not use derogatory names about ANYONE, please.

And just fyi, I'm Native American.  I know a little about having your people butchered and the lands your family has lived on for centuries stolen from you.  We aren't that different.

Ok, rip me - I know its coming.

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

Ok, stop with the "Zionists", and the "I hate Israel" declarations.  Its not working - all you are doing is pushing people away from your point by using hate speech.  And no, I'm not taking "Israel's side".  I'm telling you that if you want people to understand and sympathize with your situation, then don't insult them right off the bat by spewing hatred.  You are shooting yourself in the foot.  I think the information you posted is fantastic, but instead of focusing on that I'm bitching about the hate speech.  Be respectful enough to those of us in here to not use derogatory names about ANYONE, please.

And just fyi, I'm Native American.  I know a little about having your people butchered and the lands your family has lived on for centuries stolen from you.  We aren't that different.

Ok, rip me - I know its coming.

shake hand

tericared
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I dont see where she said she hates any one?  And Zionist is the term that should be used....She is not referring to a people it is a mind set a movement....

Join us on

Group Mod

jaxTheMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:28 PM

I don't see the hatred, either.  I think it's a promising step in the right direction - that a Palestinian land might be recognized by the EU.  Even if it never sees the light of day, it's a step.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Quoting tericared:

I dont see where she said she hates any one?  And Zionist is the term that should be used....She is not referring to a people it is a mind set a movement....

She didn't say she hates anyone - I apologize, that was another post.  As far as the term "Zionist", do Jewish people use that term in reference to themselves?

tericared
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting tericared:

She didn't say she hates anyone - I apologize, that was another post.  As far as the term "Zionist", do Jewish people use that term in reference to themselves?

No.... but some Jews do call other people that....A zionist is not a Jew...

Join us on

Group Mod

stormcris
by Christy on Dec. 1, 2009 at 10:55 PM

The government of Israel calls themselves Zionists. It would be a curse to call many Jews that as they don't support the political agenda that is Zionism. But, there are many in the US that do support Zionism. It is not a derrogatory term to everyone and some embrace it.

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting tericared:

Join us on

Group Mod

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:08 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting tericared:

No.... but some Jews do call other people that....A zionist is not a Jew...

I know.  And I know the reference the OP was making.  All I'm trying to say is there is a way to speak out against those you oppose without alienating those who are neutral.  I saw a great siggy or pic or whatever, I believe Muslimah posted it - said "Boycott Israel".  But in this post - "Who cares what Israel thinks?".  And if I go back two days I'll bet I can find 15 other such replies - they are all antagonistic.  People aren't going to want to post in this group if they feel like they are going to be attacked.  I don't think I'm making my point very clearly, but really this is what it boils down to - posts like these are going to push people away from your viewpoint because of the vehemence they display.  And that would be a shame, because your viewpoint needs to be understood.

I'm sorry to hijack your post, Gypsyuma. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)