Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think we should escalate the war to end it?

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:23 PM
  • 40 Replies

That is my understanding. We are sending 30,000 troops, but will plan withdrawal in 2011... so are we escalating the war to end it? What do you think?

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
              Group Mod

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoshiRachelsMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Quite honestly (and I'm sure someone will give me flak for this but I don't care) I wish we would pull them all out as soon as possible, and leave the Iraqis, Afghanis and Pakkis etc., all to themselves so they can cut eachother's heads off and blow eachother up or whatever else it is they want to do to eachother.

Our help is not wanted ~ so fuck 'em.

steph2884
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I don't see what good that will cause... I know it sounds bad, but I kinda agree with the first poster.

tericared
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:33 PM

If we would have went after the Taliban in Afghanistan to begin with we would not have lost so many lives and maybe would have put a dent in the Taliban.... 

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics

Group Mod

sweetie00
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Quoting JoshiRachelsMom:

Quite honestly (and I'm sure someone will give me flak for this but I don't care) I wish we would pull them all out as soon as possible, and leave the Iraqis, Afghanis and Pakkis etc., all to themselves so they can cut eachother's heads off and blow eachother up or whatever else it is they want to do to eachother.

Our help is not wanted ~ so fuck 'em.

I totally agree with this part. In a heartbeat.

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:34 PM

On this I am in 100% agreement:

Quoting tericared:

If we would have went after the Taliban in Afghanistan to begin with we would not have lost so many lives and maybe would have put a dent in the Taliban.... 

sweetie00
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Quoting tericared:

Charlie Wilson's war?

sandeetraveler
by Member on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I don't like the idea of sending more troops but Obama has a real plan and an exit strategy and that is so much better than Bush's letting it stagger as our heroes died.  I will just hope that this works and that we get out no matter what.

sweetie00
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I'm pissed at the POTUS. So pissed. I don't buy any of the crap in his speech.

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:38 PM

Quoting sweetie00:

I'm pissed at the POTUS. So pissed. I don't buy any of the crap in his speech.

I'm pissed at the POTUS. So pissed that I've never bought any of the crap in his speech. [tic] big smile mini

JSA8914
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:39 PM

My husband is going over there in a short, short while.  I just wish we would end all of this crap and let him and the other troops be home for more than a year or so. It's so not PC, but we should nuke 'em.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN