Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If you have been following the Amanda Knox trial the jury has the case and they expect a verdict at any point today. 

It's really interesting how the courts work in Italy.  The jury is made up of eight people, six Italian citizens and two judges.  If there is a tie the judges get to vote twice, so it doesn't sound like they need a unanimous 'guilty' verdict convict someone of a crime. 

So what do you think they will decide?  Do you think she is guilty? 

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Replies (11-14):
margroc
by on Dec. 4, 2009 at 6:26 PM

That poor girl and her family

A society which emphasizes uniformity is one which creates intolerance and hate.  - Pierre E. Trudeau

katy_kay
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I'm really torn on this situation.  Ultimately the people that truly are suffering is the family of the young girl that was murdered.   I believe Knox should get a fair trial and if she didn't then she should appeal but there had to a reason they found her guilty. 

Quoting margroc:

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

diospira
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Quoting katy_kay:

I'm really torn on this situation.  Ultimately the people that truly are suffering is the family of the young girl that was murdered.   I believe Knox should get a fair trial and if she didn't then she should appeal but there had to a reason they found her guilty. 

Quoting margroc:

There had to be a reason?

Maybe there did have to be a reason, but that doesn't mean ti was a valid one, or that justice was served.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Dec. 5, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Quoting diospira:

Quoting katy_kay:

Quoting margroc:

There had to be a reason?

Maybe there did have to be a reason, but that doesn't mean ti was a valid one, or that justice was served.

I agree.....

*Happily married mommy of a princess and a prince with one on the way!*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN