Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you think Amanda Knox is guilty

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
waiting4it2snow
by New Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I haven't followed it real closely so I can't really say with any certainty, but it seems like the evidence is really flimsy and the motive is as well.  I was sad she was convicted, I wonder if it was a random break-in nad the real culprit is at large, and I know it sounds very snotty, but I wonder how good the criminal investigation system is in general in Italy, and I wish she was tried in her own country.... 

~Molly
mama member of a homeschooling, homesteading family of six (currently) hanging out in Northern Michigan, playing in the trees... planning our third homebirth in February... working on following our bliss!

roxy1984
by Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Can you fill me in on this? lol I have no idea who she is or what she did. But keep seeing her name...

AntoniaCB
by Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Quoting waiting4it2snow:

I haven't followed it real closely so I can't really say with any certainty, but it seems like the evidence is really flimsy and the motive is as well.  I was sad she was convicted, I wonder if it was a random break-in nad the real culprit is at large, and I know it sounds very snotty, but I wonder how good the criminal investigation system is in general in Italy, and I wish she was tried in her own country.... 

It seems that most Americans feel that way but I was just reading some of the comments from Italy and they are EXTREMELY adament that Knox is guilty.

In my opinion, I think they made a public mockery of the legal system. The only evidence they have is that they found DNA in the apartment she LIVED in. Seems pretty normal to me.

A lot of people are citing her "drug use" claiming she didn't know what she was doing because she was on drugs and that she did it and doesn't remember.

The "drug" she was on was marijuana. I'm sorry, but i've smoked pot in my day and I have NEVER killed someone because of it and I have never "blacked out" while high.

I think it's ridiculous.

AntoniaCB
by Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Quoting roxy1984:

Can you fill me in on this? lol I have no idea who she is or what she did. But keep seeing her name...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/04/italy.knox.trial/index.html

roskill-girl
by Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM

This is quite an unusual case.  They found DNA on her body didn't they?  Of the three accused.

Knox accused a local Congolese man and he was arrested and later acquitted.  He is seeking damages from Knox for defamation I believe.

Knox changed her story.  She said she was at her boyfriend's house and then that she was home and heard the victim screaming.

I don't know all there is to know about the case, but it is certainly strange.  i would not say from what I have read that I think she is innocent, but then I am not convinced that she is guilty either.

Don't forget that you do not get all the facts in media reports and journalists always inject bias into what they report based on who they are reporting for and what their personal views or the views of their audience may be.

Aydans_Mommy
by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I personally think that she didn't do it. There wasn't enough physical evidence. Of course her DNA is going to be there. She lived there. I think she came home at a bad time and came home to them killing this poor woman.

AntoniaCB
by Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Quoting roskill-girl:

This is quite an unusual case.  They found DNA on her body didn't they?  Of the three accused.

Knox accused a local Congolese man and he was arrested and later acquitted.  He is seeking damages from Knox for defamation I believe.

Knox changed her story.  She said she was at her boyfriend's house and then that she was home and heard the victim screaming.

I don't know all there is to know about the case, but it is certainly strange.  i would not say from what I have read that I think she is innocent, but then I am not convinced that she is guilty either.

Don't forget that you do not get all the facts in media reports and journalists always inject bias into what they report based on who they are reporting for and what their personal views or the views of their audience may be.

I believe there was DNA of the boyfriends on her bra. But that was left around the crime scene much longer than it should've been, and considering he was there all the time, it's not surprising his DNA would end up somewhere.

I feel like the American media is pitting us against Italy, and the Italian media is against Knox because she's American.

I just find it strange that all the jurrors were allowed to absorb all outside information, and I think she was convicted because the Italian media was so brutal against her.

A bunch of jurrors today wore the Italian flag on their chests. Huh.

roskill-girl
by Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 7:14 PM

Quoting AntoniaCB:

Quoting roskill-girl:

I believe there was DNA of the boyfriends on her bra. But that was left around the crime scene much longer than it should've been, and considering he was there all the time, it's not surprising his DNA would end up somewhere.

I feel like the American media is pitting us against Italy, and the Italian media is against Knox because she's American.

I just find it strange that all the jurrors were allowed to absorb all outside information, and I think she was convicted because the Italian media was so brutal against her.

A bunch of jurrors today wore the Italian flag on their chests. Huh.

Anything is possible - we just don't have enough information.

Don't forget they also convicted Knox's Italian boyfriend, so I really don't think this has anything to do with Knox being American.

TXColter
by Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I always thought she did it, she was so non-emotional.... IDK, though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)