Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Mental Health Reform

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM
  • 4 Replies

What would you have done different if the decisions were yours to make?

Do you think community based programs are working?

Is there anyway to properly run asylums or is it good they are virtually gone?

I think too many in our prison system should have been never been free to commit their crimes.  I think we need facilities to supervise not just to stabilize.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Dec. 5, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Talee
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 6:30 PM

First off Marijuana needs to be decriminalized. Seriously. That should cut down a lot of money spent on "criminals" who don't need to be there in  the first place...and this also ties into the Pharma Cos....

Good grief...yes people self medicate..I can see how harmful Coke, Meth, Heroine...And Alcohol are...but pot??? They call it the gateway drug...this has been pounded into our heads since what the 50s?

Why? I just watched recently a video similar to our commercials on TV (you know the ones which for the last half list what harm they can do to your body)....ughh imma dig it up...I think this pharma shit started in then.

Talee
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Is this the beginning of pharma commercials?

survivorinohio
by René on Dec. 5, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Quoting Talee:

First off Marijuana needs to be decriminalized. Seriously. That should cut down a lot of money spent on "criminals" who don't need to be there in  the first place...and this also ties into the Pharma Cos....

Good grief...yes people self medicate..I can see how harmful Coke, Meth, Heroine...And Alcohol are...but pot??? They call it the gateway drug...this has been pounded into our heads since what the 50s?

Why? I just watched recently a video similar to our commercials on TV (you know the ones which for the last half list what harm they can do to your body)....ughh imma dig it up...I think this pharma shit started in then.

Well you will get no argument from me.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Dec. 5, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Quoting Talee:

GF-YlQgpGRY

Is this the beginning of pharma commercials?

Wow.  Thanks for this I watched through part 3 I will come back at watch again tonight when the grandchildren are in bed.

I would say it was definitely selling an ideal.  Wow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN