Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man updates his facebook status at the alter right after getting married

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 12:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

Married at this Very Moment

by Mike Krumboltz

Dec 2, 2009

Gone are the days when friends and relatives received marriage announcements weeks after the big event. Thanks to iPhones, Twitter, and Facebook, the newly betrothed can spread the word instantly. That's become not norm. However, when the groom goes out of his way to digitally alert the masses that he's now a married man (while standing at the altar, mind you), folks tend to take notice.

Dana Hanna took digital geekery to a whole new level when he retrieved his PDA from his pocket and changed his relationship status on Facebook in front of his shocked bride and closest friends. After being pronounced husband and wife by the officiant, Mr. Hanna delayed kissing his bride and instead pulled out what appeared to be a Blackberry. Then, as quickly as his thumbs could manage, he updated his status, and sent out a tweet that said "Standing at the altar with @TracyPage where just a second ago, she became my wife! Gotta go, time to kiss my bride!"

One can only assume (and hope) that Mr. Hanna meant it as kind of a joke. The blogosphere looks to be giving him the benefit of the doubt. The clip itself, available on popular sites like YouTube and Yahoo! Video, has become a Web sensation. You can sign up to receive tweets from Mr. Hanna here. You know, just in case you want to be informed the moment his first child is born.

by on Dec. 6, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Talee
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM

LOL...that is kinda funny....not something I would do but hey whatever floats your boat.

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

Sagely
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Well, I mean, everybody knows nothing is official until it's on Facebook.  Duh.

JenE4
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Just a couple of days ago one of my FB friends posted a picture of his son being born--as they were pulling him out from the C-section! Thankfully it was from an angle where we didn't see his wife's abdomen cut open, but he snapped the picture with his phone as they were pulling him out and posted it. We could have waited a few minutes until they sewed up his wife and checked out the baby, lol.

Then again, I have the FB App on my BlackBerry, so I'm constantly getting FB updates. Six months ago I managed to survive just fine without knowing every little detail of my elementary school classmates' lives, lol, but now I know more about my FB friends' lives than I do my real-life friends who aren't on FB.

Jen
Mom to Emma, 13; Wyatt, 10; and baby Sofia...babies

Group Owner
Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice

Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)