Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Health Insurance Industry using Facebook gamers to further agenda

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM
  • 3 Replies

Dec. 11: Rachel Maddow is joined by Dan Porter, CEO of gaming Web site OMGPOP, to explain a scheme by the health insurance industry to bribing internet users into sending health reform opposition mail in exchange for video game bonuses.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/34387500#34387500

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 14, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I posted an article about this last week and was ignored.

Imagine what they could do if the ins ind took all the money they are spending to prevent reform and spent it on their members medical care, or reducing premiums or covering people with pre-existing conditions. We might not need reform so desperately if they stopped throwing so much money around to influence the people and Congress.

I'm on FB and play some of the games and would love some free perks but I'll pass. Even though I don't support the current legislation I would feel dirty taking money from these people and not in a good way ; )

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:20 AM

Quoting Friday:

Imagine what they could do if the ins ind took all the money they are spending to prevent reform and spent it on their members medical care, or reducing premiums or covering people with pre-existing conditions. We might not need reform so desperately if they stopped throwing so much money around to influence the people and Congress.

I'm on FB and play some of the games and would love some free perks but I'll pass. Even though I don't support the current legislation I would feel dirty taking money from these people and not in a good way ; )

Shhh, if they did that the status quo could rock...

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 15, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Friday:

Shhh, if they did that the status quo could rock...

I know, amazing what some people and corporations will do to keep things from changing.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)