Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Israel is Deporting Jerusalem Christians

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM
  • 59 Replies

I am trying to find an update on this......Thought is what interesting that Christians were being thrown out........When so many Christains support the people who are doing this...

Hundreds of Jerusalem Christians are loosing residency rights in their City due to policies of the Israeli Ministry of Interior. The policy that aims to reduce the number of non-Jews in the City takes its toll on families and individuals who hold residency permits at foreign countries. No matter how long they travel abroad, no matter if they were born in Jerusalem before or after Israel occupied East Jerusalem, they are considered visitors in their own city.

Palestinian Christians who make today not more than 9,000 will lose 15% of their population as a result of this policy. While Jews from all over the world and even converts to Judaism are allowed to immigrate to Israel under the Israeli Law of Return, the indigenous Jerusalemites are considered temporary residents. Originally, Seven years of being out of Jerusalem was the deadline for losing one's right to live in his own city. Now, only a proof of residency in another country is enough for Israel to consider Jerusalem as not "the center of life" for this person or family and thus deny them the right of living in their home town once they travel abroad.

In addition to this particular policy, the Israeli authorities are still implementing other regulations aiming at further decreasing the numbers of Palestinian, Christians and Moslems, in Jerusalem. From freezing the law of family reunion to impossible requirements for building in the city, to the Separation Wall that separated hundreds from the center of Jerusalem. Palestinian Christians of the city will soon lose half of their population.

The local Churches in Jerusalem are gravely concerned, and join the call of their communities to put an end to Israel's policies and refuse any kind of exclusivity over the City. At this stage Israel cannot be entrusted in the fate of this Holy City and its people. The International and Christian Communities need to act fast to defuse Israeli policies at the highest level.

We want peace and justice in the Holy Land, where followers of all faiths will live in dignity and their rights will be preserved. And we believe that the international community can help us make it happens.

:: Article nr. 45026 sent on 20-jun-2008 07:15 ECT

http://www.uruknet.info/?colonna=m&p=45026

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics

Group Mod

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lbranta
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Although I can't say with certainly where I stand on this whole issue I can say thanks for posting this, I found it very interesting and believe I well have to think on this awhile logically. 

Della529
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:05 PM

It's a sad shame that Israel's self-deception is so apparent, and it's even sadder that some evangelical Christians do not recognize how unwanted they are in Israel.

They love Christian money, but they made it against the law for Christians to minister in Israel.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/cur_sit/christian-deported.html

eaglemama2
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:16 PM

agreed - ridiculous.  BTW great post Terica.

Quoting Della529:

It's a sad shame that Israel's self-deception is so apparent, and it's even sadder that some evangelical Christians do not recognize how unwanted they are in Israel.

They love Christian money, but they made it against the law for Christians to minister in Israel.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/cur_sit/christian-deported.html

Talee
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Good grief...they are really a fine example of tolerance aren't they.

Join us on

Group Mod

Della529
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Quoting Talee:

Good grief...they are really a fine example of tolerance aren't they.

I believe it goes something like, "Do as I say, not as I do", but "two-faced" works, too.

Or how about, "White man speak with fork in tongue"?

Gypsyuma
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM

That is so pathetic that our tax dollars pays for this shit. 

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Quoting Della529:

"White man speak with fork in tongue"?

I find that really funny - my kin have been saying that for years!!  Our land was stolen from us hundreds of years ago.  But, I don't think we are talking about the same people.

MrsRStewart
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:59 PM

I understand this probably is happening, however, on the other side of things, why are  you supporting Hamas?  They want to kill all the Jews.  Why do you hate the Jews?  I understand why Muslims hate Jews, and I understand why Jews hate Christians.  But why do you hate the Jews (and Christians)?  I thought you were for world peace, but now it seems you (liberals) are in favor of the destruction of the Jews.  Why?

a wedding website

tericared
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Della529:

"White man speak with fork in tongue"?

I find that really funny - my kin have been saying that for years!!  Our land was stolen from us hundreds of years ago.  But, I don't think we are talking about the same people.

It does fit....

Join us on

Group Mod

tericared
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Quoting MrsRStewart:

I understand this probably is happening, however, on the other side of things, why are  you supporting Hamas?  They want to kill all the Jews.  Why do you hate the Jews?  I understand why Muslims hate Jews, and I understand why Jews hate Christians.  But why do you hate the Jews (and Christians)?  I thought you were for world peace, but now it seems you (liberals) are in favor of the destruction of the Jews.  Why?

For the zillionth time...I do not support Hamas.....I do not hate the Jews....I do not hate the Christians...........Muslims do not hate Jews........Christians,,,Jews,,,and Muslims are ALL children of the BOOK the BIBLE......Get a grip and stop doing this crap it is wrong and childish...........

Join us on

Group Mod

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)