Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pot Challenge

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM
  • 117 Replies

This is a spinoff from Talee's post on legalized medical pot in AZ.   So what I would like to know is if anyone can present a logical argument that indicates pot is more dangerous than alcohol.   How is pot detremental to society?  I think it's safe to say that alcohol is pretty destructive, but pot?  

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talee
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM

...bump...imma shamelessy bump this one for a while.

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

eaglemama2
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:20 PM

bump

tericared
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Nope... I got nothing... 

Join us on

Group Mod

Talee
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Im going to give it some thought from every angle, like I did with the gay rights challenge....might take a few days but I am slow like that....

I really would like for everyone from every perspective to contribute to this. 

Join us on

Group Mod

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

eaglemama2
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:30 PM

LOL - I want your cat's stash....

Quoting Friday:

behappilyever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM

didn't pot used to be legal until DuPont carpeting stepped in? i think that is they way it goes. they rallied all their lawmakers (friends) because they stood to lose a lot of money they invested into something else. was it cotton? my marijuana history is foggy (no pun intended lol) pot has many more uses than just getting high. it can be effectively used as a type of fuel (similar in affects to ethanol), and cheap reliable threading as well as the obvious medical uses. there are a few more. i will see if i can find the sources i used for one of my papers last semester. it was very interesting (not so much my paper, but the things i found)

while i don't agree with the logic that pot is more dangerous than alcohol, there is basis behind it. the only thing is that the statistics found by related studies can be labled as bias on either side of the debate. so until someone sucks it up and goes one way or the other, crossroads is the name of the game.

eaglemama2
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:43 PM

LOL - fair enough......hemp, etc, good stuff in general, I agree...

Quoting behappilyever:

didn't pot used to be legal until DuPont carpeting stepped in? i think that is they way it goes. they rallied all their lawmakers (friends) because they stood to lose a lot of money they invested into something else. was it cotton? my marijuana history is foggy (no pun intended lol) pot has many more uses than just getting high. it can be effectively used as a type of fuel (similar in affects to ethanol), and cheap reliable threading as well as the obvious medical uses. there are a few more. i will see if i can find the sources i used for one of my papers last semester. it was very interesting (not so much my paper, but the things i found)

while i don't agree with the logic that pot is more dangerous than alcohol, there is basis behind it. the only thing is that the statistics found by related studies can be labled as bias on either side of the debate. so until someone sucks it up and goes one way or the other, crossroads is the name of the game.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Quoting behappilyever:

DuPont Chemicals and Hearst Publishing had a patented process for making newsprint out of lumber and didn't want competition from hemp.

There is already a car that runs on hemp oil, the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper. Back in the day hemp was so vital to this nations economy one was required to grow it if you had over a specific amount of land.

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

eaglemama2
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I had no idea, that would explain alot.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting behappilyever:

DuPont Chemicals and Hearst Publishing had a patented process for making newsprint out of lumber and didn't want competition from hemp.

There is already a car that runs on hemp oil, the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper. Back in the day hemp was so vital to this nations economy one was required to grow it if you had over a specific amount of land.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)