Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever feel like you're being royally....

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:48 PM
  • 15 Replies

screwed? 

I am so angry that these banks are giving out these obscene bonuses again after we, the taxpayers, bailed them out!

Where in the heck is my bonus?

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
              Group Mod

by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SAMNMAYASMOM
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:50 PM

I'm over it. At least the prez said something to them, and one of the banks will be helping us out. Hopefully the rest will follow suit.

stormcris
by Christy on Dec. 14, 2009 at 9:51 PM

I think they will give you a bonus hand ushering you out the door if you ask for a loan most times now.

Join us on

Group Mod

LancesMom
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Quoting stormcris:

I think they will give you a bonus hand ushering you out the door if you ask for a loan most times now.

You can say that again....We had a bank give us a "Courtesy call" to see if we wanted to refinance and I told them even after the bail out, no one will help us, because my husband has been laid off for a yr now! You should have heard the change in her voice as she apologized and dismissed her call! LOL!

Join us on

Group Mod

Talee
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

Quoting stormcris:

You can say that again....We had a bank give us a "Courtesy call" to see if we wanted to refinance and I told them even after the bail out, no one will help us, because my husband has been laid off for a yr now! You should have heard the change in her voice as she apologized and dismissed her call! LOL!

I have actually had mail sent to me for credit cards...and I am sure it's obvious to them that I am BEHIND on my mortgage and also NOT PAYING a couple of my cards...

WTF is up with that?

Join us on

Group Mod

tericared
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:06 PM

Forget the bonus...where is the cost of living ajustment for people on Medicare? 

Join us on

Group Mod

behappilyever
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM

yep! for instance, this new homebuyers tax credit. hubby and i qualify. we are in good standing with our mortgage. struggling, but not to the point where things aren't being paid. maybe late here and there. we have been lucky. we are looking to move, so we went to apply for a loan. 3 different banks wouldn't even consider it because our credit score was less than 725. umm, ok. here we are! ready to help do our part! ready to not only better ourselves, but in doing so will help better the economy! oh wait, we can't because the banks are too effing scared.

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Yes, everytime I read the news. Everything is all about the almighty dollar. Not the good of the country or its people, just money and power(to get more money). 

Church of The Invisible Pink Unicorn (blessed be her holy hooves)

Mandipants
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I did think it was cheeky that the bastards were standing at the door of the government saying 'thanks for bailing us out, but here's your money back, we don't want it now that we CAN pay you back and don't want to be responsible.' And the government let them.

tericared
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Quoting Mandipants:

I did think it was cheeky that the bastards were standing at the door of the government saying 'thanks for bailing us out, but here's your money back, we don't want it now that we CAN pay you back and don't want to be responsible.' And the government let them.

bow down

Join us on

Group Mod

kanalee
by on Dec. 14, 2009 at 11:15 PM

No not me personally.... but yes in general they are screwing everyone they can.

Peace,
Kana

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)