Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving Day Murder Suspect Found In Keys

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:11 AM
  • 3 Replies

I am so glad they caught this guy,,,He was on AMW tonight....

LONG KEY --  The father of one of the victims of a Thanksgiving night shooting in Palm Beach County confirmed to News 13 that the suspect has been caught.

James Sitton, father of 6-year-old Makayla Sitton, confirmed that Paul Merhige had been found in the Florida Keys, shortly after a 9 p.m. report of the slayings on 'America's Most Wanted.'

According to US Marshals, Merhige, who is suspected of shooting four of his relatives on Nov. 26, was apprehended at the Edgewater Motel in Long Key Saturday night.

Merhige had been on the run since the shooting.

Merhige is accused of killing his twin sisters Carla Merhige and Lisa Knight, their aunt, Raymonda Joseph and 6-year-old cousin Makayla.

The shooting happened after dinner at a family home in Jupiter.  The reward for his capture had reached $100,000.

A nationwide manhunt was in progress for Merhige.  It was believed that he might be headed to Detroit, where he had family, or out of the country.  

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/1/2/thanksgiving_day_murder_suspect_found_in_keys.html?cid=rss

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tericared
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Did anyone hear about this when it happened?  Does anyone watch America's Most Wanted? 

athimom
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM

I live in Jupiter. This happened less than five miles from our house. It is just a horrible tragedy. Devastating. I am so glad they got him. He needs to never see the light of day again.

tericared
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Quoting athimom:

I live in Jupiter. This happened less than five miles from our house. It is just a horrible tragedy. Devastating. I am so glad they got him. He needs to never see the light of day again.

I agree it was planned before he even went to dinner...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)